• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2nd Test at Adelaide

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Trying to get through this episode of UFOs Declassified before play starts. Could be a cliffhanger.

morgieb

Just seen that first Smith DRS decision against Anderson. No way on Christopher Hitchens' green earth was that not out
Unfortunately for Christopher Hitchens' green earth, regardless of whether it would've smashed all three pegs out of the ground, if it pitched outside leg, it's not out.

Burgey

These accounts are about as realistic as most of the hot takes about a libertarian utopia in the politics sub forum tbf.

Cow

Banned
Which is why we don't let bovines become umpires.
Cows can almost see 360 degrees so they would be good at checking for no-balls and watching the batsmen without having to move their head.

They might have issues with depth perception and shadows across the pitch.

Still, I think the average cow would make a better umpire than Darrel Hair and Daryl Harper. Two criminally bad umpires.

Burgey

I thought Billy Bovine was terrible because he tried to make the game about him he whole time, while getting a lot of decisions wrong; cf 2005 Ashes.

Cow

Banned
I thought Billy Bovine was terrible because he tried to make the game about him he whole time, while getting a lot of decisions wrong; cf 2005 Ashes.
I thought Bucknor was worse... seem to give martyn out lbw off huge inside edges twice and Im sure I remember Katich being out lbw with the ball pitching a yard outside leg.

Bowden got the Kaspo decision wrong... but 99% of cricket fans didn't even know that rule

Burgey

True. Martyn was badly sawn off a few times that series. Was in great form leading in too.

Burgey

Love Aleem but that’s a bad one. There’s a bit of a hot spot on the glove but it was there before the ball passed.

Fmd they’ve left the covers off. ****loads of bounce early.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dar has had a rather bad match. England really have not had the best of luck with the umpiring this match either. Must be rather deflating to have all these overturned.

Spark

Global Moderator
The umpiring in this test match has been bad. Not that anyone will mention that instead of moaning about DRS, of course.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought Bucknor was worse... seem to give martyn out lbw off huge inside edges twice and Im sure I remember Katich being out lbw with the ball pitching a yard outside leg.

Bowden got the Kaspo decision wrong... but 99% of cricket fans didn't even know that rule
Every cricketer is taught that rule as a child

Cow

Banned
not out for me.

However, England are right to be a bit aggrieved with some of the decisions upstairs over the last 2 tests