• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 3rd Test at Edgbaston

Antihippy

International Debutant
Losing two for nothing makes the rest of the session a decent recovery. Need more though as this is playing like a day 4 pitch.

And Joss even if its looking dead plum you review that. Too nice.

Moeen looking dreadful but still pitting the bad ball away. I want at least a 125 lead.

Also someone needs to tell Starc he can't take a wicket with every ball. It's been thick bowling. I probably wouldn't pic him for Trent Bridge the way he's going.
I don't think he's trying to take a wicket with every ball. He literally cannot control the red ball.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
Happy days - probly my two favourite England players* are in the middle, in a pressure situation which should bring out the best in them. Expecting a substantial 100+ partnership that takes the game away from the Aussies in the next session. Shaky start notwithstanding, Moeen is pure class. Watch him unfurl the flowing stokes after the break.

*Root is right up there too.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
simon hughes ‏@theanalyst 34m34 minutes ago

Strangely tame innings by Jos Buttler as if he can't quite work out a tempo to bat.

Simon Hughes saying what I've said quite a bit about Buttler. In first class cricket he struggles to know at what tempo/ how to play. It's natural to him in 50 over cricket but he seems conflicted in first class cricket. Sure he has technical problems but moreso he just doesn't seem to know how he wants to play.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Apart from Rogers and Lyon our side has been trash. Johnson bowled a really good spell first up but seemed a bit down against Broad/Ali, less said about Starc the better.

Compton

International Debutant
Good news for Australia's bowlers that it's Finn in for Wood. No better than the Burnley Lara with the bat.