• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

91Jmay

International Coach
Happy for big Boyd. Should have played much earlier on tour instead of the useless Tremlett (I picked him in my 1st Test side FTR). Good to have a bowler with pace in the side.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
HMM, well I did want changes but they did rather revolve on us having a back-up spinner, and actually we've dropped our only likely one. Maybe KP will spin a few.

Rankin, I'm not a fan, but he's nearly 30 now, and we have had him stinking up A team squads for donkeys-years, so I guess we've got to give him a go. Be interesting to see how Borthwick and Ballance go though.

The make-up of the side just looks short on everything, spin, batting, 'keeping, and even seam-bowling, but ho-hum.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English/Kiwi/Saffie/Zim/Irish Dead.....

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
HMM, well I did want changes but they did rather revolve on us having a back-up spinner, and actually we've dropped our only likely one. Maybe KP will spin a few.

Rankin, I'm not a fan, but he's nearly 30 now, and we have had him stinking up A team squads for donkeys-years, so I guess we've got to give him a go. Be interesting to see how Borthwick and Ballance go though.

The make-up of the side just looks short on everything, spin, batting, 'keeping, and even seam-bowling, but ho-hum.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English/Kiwi/Saffie/Zim/Irish Dead.....
Seeing as we've had the foreigner thing rubbed in our faces for years, can we blame it on Johnny now that we're crap? :ph34r:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Beefy saying England were relectant to admit Australia improved throughout the 13 series. The same guy said before this series that he saw no reason why anything would change and that England would win comfortably.

grecian

Seeing as we've had the foreigner thing rubbed in our faces for years, can we blame it on Johnny now that we're crap? :ph34r:
Hey why do you think I'm bringing it up:whistling

It'll be Bulgarians and Romanians screwing up our team next:(

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Beefy saying England were relectant to admit Australia improved throughout the 13 series. The same guy said before this series that he saw no reason why anything would change and that England would win comfortably.
Lol yep.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
For ****'s sake.

At least they dropped Root and not Carberry so we don't have to shuffle the whole pack.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
OptaJim ‏@OptaJim 2m

3 - @ECB_cricket become the 3rd team to name eight left-handed batsmen in a Test XI (West Indies, twice in 2000). Southpaws. #Ashes

Can't be too often that you have 3 blokes bowl right handed and bat left handed either (Borthwick, Broad, Stokes)

And i'm beaten to it by cabinet

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
161 deliveries England have bowled this series were going on to hit the stumps. 2670 were missing

Via WWOS

Might have to revise my opinion on us not bowling that badly...

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
OptaJim ‏@OptaJim 41s
560 - Australia have hit 560 runs after being dropped in this Ashes. Most in a series since 2006: 635, by England v Windies, 2009. Grassed.

grecian

OptaJim ‏@OptaJim 2m

3 - @ECB_cricket become the 3rd team to name eight left-handed batsmen in a Test XI (West Indies, twice in 2000). Southpaws. #Ashes

Can't be too often that you have 3 blokes bowl right handed and bat left handed either (Borthwick, Broad, Stokes)

And i'm beaten to it by cabinet
None of them bowl left-handed, freakishly enough.