• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Graeme Swann

TNT

Banned
As opposed to Warner who just hits Amla impersonators...
Its how you act after, Anderson hit Clarke in the head with a pad and Clarke took it like a man and didnt run off crying to the media, Warner hit Root and off to the media complaining the big nasty boys are picking on them. Warner smacks Swann out of the park and look at the crying going on. Man up Swann you are a girl.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
FMD, not even Christmas can stop all this nationalistic warmongering trolling crap. This thread is an utter train wreck, and if it keeps going the way it's going, I will be spending quite some time with the infraction button. Cut it out.

EDIT: The ***ism will also be infracted as well if it continues. Cut that out too.

Last edited:

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Its how you act after, Anderson hit Clarke in the head with a pad and Clarke took it like a man and didnt run off crying to the media, Warner hit Root and off to the media complaining the big nasty boys are picking on them. Warner smacks Swann out of the park and look at the crying going on. Man up Swann you are a girl.
He punched him in the middle of a bar, the only people who kicke dup a fuss were journos who found out about it.

Swann hasn't even said ti is Warner who he thinks is a dick, we've just assumed it is because lets face it, aside from Watto who else is it likely to be.

But yeah its neither here or there.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I have to question when retired cricketers such as Neil Harvey and Graeme Swann make a comment about cricket today. I don't think they understand what current cricketers go through. :)

Spark

Global Moderator
John Etheridge @JohnSunCricket
Swann: I was talking about certain players around world who don’t carry themselves in manner..befitting of wearing an international shirt.
Yeah, look, he couldn't make it more obviously about Warner without actually naming him.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
maybe he's talking about siddle. siddle's been a part of the overly aggressive thing and eats 10 bananas a day.

Last edited:

Spikey

add in the fact he's victorian and he's not befitting of wearing an international shirt.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
maybe he's talking about siddle. siddle's been a part of the overly aggressive thing and eats 10 bananas a day.
Nah something makes me think that while they might not get along Swann doesn't think of Siddle in that way, its not a criticism you could really ever level at Siddle of him not carrying himself properly as a cricketer. If he is on about Siddle mind he's way off the mark.

TNT

Banned
Swann is talking about the England/SA players, when you mention heads up arses Pietersen is the very person anyone thinks of, then Prior and Anderson would have to be the biggest idiots in world Cricket at the moment so I think it goes without saying he was talking about his own team mates. Plus you dont retire from your own team because of players in other teams, that is a silly arguement.

TNT

Banned
Monday
Swann to Watson, FOUR, tossed up and hammered down the ground, easily beating the man at long-on to the rope
Swann to Watson, SIX, more punishment, this time Watson smokes Swann back over his head and straight into the crowd
Swann to Watson, no run, flatter, on the stumps and defended
Swann to Watson, SIX, another maximum, into the stands at wide long-on, he came out to the pitch and blootered the ball way back over the fence
Swann to Watson, no run, pushed through on the stumps, pushed back down the track
Swann to Watson, SIX, floated up, Watson is on the rampage and this goes many a mile over wide long-on again. This is like watching a man kicking a kitten
Tuesday
Swann retires from cricket with immediate effect.
Wednesday
Swann, speaking at a press conference to explain his unexpected decision to withdraw from the England team in the middle of an Ashes series, expressed his disgust at current players who "have no idea how far up their own backsides they are".

the big bambino

International Captain
Retiring when down 3 nil is questionable but firing barbs as well makes me wonder about whats really going on. None of it seems like normal behaviour.
Agree that he seems to have gone funny. Without commenting on Trott's condition, except to wish him recovery, or Swann's retirement, both events seem to indicate there is something wrong with the team's mental preparedness for this series.

the big bambino

International Captain
Taking a wicket is different than celebrating a ton. If Anderson/Johnson got a five for and then ran up to the bat waving the ball in his face I'd also say that was dickish. Warner celebrated a very impressive achievement of HIS by rubbing it in to the opposition. So pathetic.
You're splitting hairs mate. Getting in someone's face is getting in someone's face irrespective of the circumstances.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Made my views on Swanns retirement timing fairly clear on here and suffice to say I'm bitterly disappointed in him.........but have to add that TNT's posting in this thread has just been diabolical.........and this from the bloke that described England fans as "disgusting" for their sledging of Johnson :blink:

TNT

Banned
Made my views on Swanns retirement timing fairly clear on here and suffice to say I'm bitterly disappointed in him.........but have to add that TNT's posting in this thread has just been diabolical.........and this from the bloke that described England fans as "disgusting" for their sledging of Johnson :blink:
Sorry Adders I dont see anywhere I attacked his family, I just see Swann as a very weak person and that is highlighted by how he has made remarks about cricketers he dosent have the guts to name. But that seems typical of his style, a poor excuse for a man. He along with Anderson had no problem dishing it out but why all the tears now.

Spikey

the only thing i really dislike about this whole saga is that his "Why I'm quitting" Sun column was basically being printed before, you know, his actual "I'm quitting" statement was released