• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 5th ODI at The Rose Bowl

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Our three main seamers are all foreign-born, I've just realised. A Kiwi, a Mick & a Bajan.

If Trott was playing the natives would be in a minority in the XI.

wiff

First Class Debutant
On a positive note, Watson seems to have gone back to that rocking movement in his footwork which he was using a few years back when he was scoring a lot of runs. Dunno why he ever stopped doing it tbh.
Untitled-1.jpg

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
England really need to bowl dry
Not very likely with this attack. Unless Aus keep donating wickets, they'll pass 300 easily. Jordan for Finn must go some way to making this the weakest ODI attack we've ever put out.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Our three main seamers are all foreign-born, I've just realised. A Kiwi, a Mick & a Bajan.

If Trott was playing the natives would be in a minority in the XI.
It actually makes me happy when we keep picking foreign born players now because it seems to wind people up no end. Very funny.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, as if by magic...

Proper length, bit of bounce, seams in.

& then another. There you go, Benjamin. S'not rocket surgery, is it?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I hope Luke Wright comes on in for his first bowl in the 41st over and bowls a five over spell. He was almost unique in the cricketing world as a genuine part-timer death option; his bowling style has changed a lot since those days though unfortunately.

91Jmay

International Coach
Ha, as if by magic...

Proper length, bit of bounce, seams in.

& then another. There you go, Benjamin. S'not rocket surgery, is it?
Yeah, we went to bouncer/yorker after seeing the pitch had good bounce.

Solid start from Bops. Shouldn't Buttler be standing up to him though?