• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's test side for the Ashes in Australia

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I was impressed with Cutting on day 4 and I like the guy and he makes the tail stronger too so I can understand people selecting him up at the GABBA but I'm convinced that Siddle is a first change bowler and Cutting rarely if ever opens the bowling for QLD.

Re: Doolan, them ***y pushes through and drives has hooked me. The Rhiannon Fish of Australian Cricketers.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
:lol:

Sayers and Doolan two of the most over-rated Australian domestic players on CW IMO. I'd say Benchy's opinion holds too much weight, but I know it doesn't really influence Nufers at all, so maybe I'm just wrong on this.

Oh I love reading Benchy's opinion but yeah I mean the guy has 30,000 odd posts he's eventually going to make a smart decision not involving food.

I wonder who's opinion people do follow most on CW btw. Pews you definitely have a few followers.

adub

International Captain
Stat of the Day.

40 bowlers have taken at least 1 wicket in the Sheffield Shield so far this season.

39 of them have a lower economy rate than Mitchell Johnson

adub

International Captain
I'm glad you could adubers because it would be the worst cause of death ever.
Maybe, but another series of Johnson spraying em about and going for more than 4 an over could be a fate worse than death.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bracing myself for the "SELECTION SHOCK: Shaun Marsh set to be picked for first Ashes test" article/s that will surely be coming out tonight or tomorrow night

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Only "better mental shape" or "regained hunger" bull**** so far, you know what's coming though

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1 C Rogers
2 D Warner
3 S Watson
4 A Doolan
5 M Clarke
6 S Smith
7 B Haddin
8 P Siddle
9 R Harris
10 C Sayers
11 N Lyon
This is exactly my side n00fers.

I'm glad you've thrown out your silly selection policies and sided with me.

Obv Siddle batting too low in this side though.

uvelocity

International Coach
:lol:

Sayers and Doolan two of the most over-rated Australian domestic players on CW IMO. I'd say Benchy's opinion holds too much weight, but I know it doesn't really influence Nufers at all, so maybe I'm just wrong on this.
doolers doolander just looks the goods, so you can't blame anyone for backing the **** to do well. its the reverse of backing hughes - youd back hughes if you thought you're super smart and know he will score runs looking like a dogs breakfast.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
This is exactly my side n00fers.

I'm glad you've thrown out your silly selection policies and sided with me.

Obv Siddle batting too low in this side though.
Don't think my Test match selections are ever bad, its just the ODIs where I have no problems with the team mixing and matching and giving blokes a chance. Absolute joke that Henriques hasn't hit a ball in a game for so long while being completely fit.

Doolan should come in at 6 IMO, I'm not a fan of batting debutantes up the order
I don't see the point of that really when Clarke is so good at 5 and Doolan always bats high up in the order for Tasmania. Personally I just think the team looks so much more solid with him at 4. Clarke at 5 isn't an issue when we have another batsman and a keeper behind him. Its not Chanderpaul at 5 ahead of Ramdin and Sammy.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I know it's a stretch, but consider how many hapless young batsmen we've sent in at 3 and they've failed, yet Smitteh comes in to number 5/6 and has some success, I honestly think it's the best way to go, at least for the first series or 2 with Doolan

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I know Clarke's stats at 5 are incredibly good. But cricket isn't just stats and I think if the guys above him can get through a bit he will be fine at 4. That can allow whoever is coming into the side a better chance at success IMO