• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm still convinced he hit that. I find it odd how you lot consider snicko infallable though whilst the others for some reason are.
It was pretty clearly late on the replays without snicko. I don't know what that noise was but it's unlikely it was an edge

Ruckus

International Captain
Is snicko, for all intents and purposes, actually infallible? I can't say I've ever seen a decision where it's results are incongruous with the other evidence

Swingpanzee

International Regular
I don't think it was out but considering the fact that his bat was nowhere near pad, it's odd there was a distinct sound.

Australia are at a very good position here. 180-3 and that a promising no.6 in the form of Warner. England desperately need a wicket.

PS. I've always found the umpire's call bit in a LBW Review to be stupid. If it hits the stumps it should be out I guess?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
great session, the Khawaja decision has been evened up IMO, a couple of good umpires calls to us

Spark

Global Moderator
Is snicko, for all intents and purposes, actually infallible? I can't say I've ever seen a decision where it's results are incongruous with the other evidence
In a sense that one might be because no one has any idea what that noise was

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In a sense that one might be because no one has any idea what that noise was
Yeah. If whatever noise occurred during that Smith incident actually occurred a fraction of a second earlier - whatever it was - then we'd all think it was out. The chance of a random noise happening at exactly the right moment is so minute that it's almost not worth worrying about, but it is obviously possible.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Tea it is. Australia's session all the way.
By a mile. Much more of this and they're in a massively dominating position.

Which was always on the cards after the crap we've been reading over the last week and a bit.

Last edited:

ajdude

International Coach
guys they're about to show rogers' straight drive to bring up 50 on fox sports get your tissues ready

wait no it was a couple of deliveries after wasn'ti t

wait maybe it happened ****ing ages earlier hey

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah. If whatever noise occurred during that Smith incident actually occurred a fraction of a second earlier - whatever it was - then we'd all think it was out. The chance of a random noise happening at exactly the right moment is so minute that it's almost not worth worrying about, but it is obviously possible.
There was a frame before the ball reached the bat, and a frame after. But because we heard the noise on the frame after rather than before we've decided it was a passing sparrow whose farts sound exactly like ball hitting bat.

**** decision.

Ruckus

International Captain
be interesting to see which Warner comes out if these guys put us into a commanding position. I'd back him coming out attempting to play a gilchrist like role, but he could also be a bit more hesitant being his first game back and all

Ruckus

International Captain
I thought the form of the soundwave gives a pretty good indication if the noise is a nick? Was that enough of a 'spike' like it's meant to be? In any case the odds on that happening are probably so small, that I'm sure the majority of people would accept that as a margin of error they can deal with.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Can hear Sky's commentary (presumably highlights of the last session) really loudly in the background of TMS, weird.