View Poll Results: The team you will support

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • England

    27 54.00%
  • Australia

    17 34.00%
  • who cares?

    6 12.00%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 116

Thread: Non Aussie/English CWers, who will you be supporting?

  1. #1
    International 12th Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    m
    Posts
    1,720

    Non Aussie/English CWers, who will you be supporting?

    So who will you support???

    BTW, I will most definitely be supporting supporting england. Can't stand to see australia win anything at all.

  2. #2
    JJD Heads Athlai's Avatar
    Plops Champion! Tournaments Won: 2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    ksfls;fsl:lsFJg/s
    Posts
    27,214
    I plan to be a fairweather supporter as I have no particular love for either team. Last Ashes I supported Australia as the English team came off as pretty unlikable for the most part. No idea who it will be this time.
    Direbirds FTW!

    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

  3. #3
    International 12th Man
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    m
    Posts
    1,720
    yeah i really should have added neutral as an option in the poll. i have a feeling most non aus/eng fans couldnt care less who wins the series.

  4. #4
    Global Moderator Teja.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    z
    Posts
    5,960
    Neutral here. Will want my favourites to do well though. (Johnson, Trott, Dougeh)
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams



    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

    It's because Teja is a ****, FTR


  5. #5
    Global Moderator Somerset's Avatar
    Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    9,863
    Might seem to go against my loyalties between England and Australia in most other sports but I'll be behind Australia TBH - though certainly won't be devastated if they lose, mind.

  6. #6
    vcs
    vcs is offline
    International Coach vcs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,305
    Probably Australia as I've always liked their dominant teams and many of their players over English ones, historically. This time I will be mainly following with keen interest to pick out new favourite players. I would like the home team to win though.

  7. #7
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Colonies
    Posts
    42,642
    I normally fence-sit a bit these days but I'll be following Australia primarily this time, mainly because of how annoying the media has become in both countries. Everyone seems to be acting as if Australia have the worst team of all time and are in a terrible crisis. It's not even remotely true.
    ~ Cribbage

  8. #8
    International Captain Ruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    7,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I normally fence-sit a bit these days but I'll be following Australia primarily this time, mainly because of how annoying the media has become in both countries. Everyone seems to be acting as if Australia have the worst team of all time and are in a terrible crisis. It's not even remotely true.
    I was under the impression from your posts you were Australian?

  9. #9
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Colonies
    Posts
    42,642
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
    I was under the impression from your posts you were Australian?
    Yeah I am, but I'm English too. English parent, English grandparents, British passport, moving to England next year etc. I follow both teams in cricket, which makes me a bit of an Ashes outcast. I usually follow Australia in the Ashes, but if they're being particularly over-rated or England are being particularly under-rated in my mind I can swing. Or if Symonds is playing.

    Which makes me the devil apparently, in the eyes of both sides.

    The only team is really follow with any true consistency is NSW.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 13-11-2010 at 11:22 PM.

  10. #10
    International Captain Ruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    7,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah I am, but I'm English too. English parent, English grandparents, British passport, moving to England next year etc. I follow both teams in cricket, which makes me a bit of an Ashes outcast. I usually follow Australia in the Ashes, but if they're being particularly over-rated or England are being particularly under-rated in my mind I can swing. Or if Symonds is playing.

    Which makes me the devil apparently, in the eyes of both sides.
    What's that make you then? A pomvict?

  11. #11
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Colonies
    Posts
    42,642
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
    What's that make you then? A pomvict?
    Haha if you wish.

  12. #12
    School Boy/Girl Captain El Nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    146
    Living in Australia means australia, as much as i like them losing putting up with people whinging i would rather them just win

  13. #13
    International Captain Ruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    7,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Haha if you wish.
    I find your situation funny though, because (assuming you have lived in Australia since a young age) surely you would predominately have an allegiance with Australia if the two countries are put head-to-head? Because having a British parent, but living in Australia, is practically the same as any other white Australian - after all, every white Australian is of the same make-up as Brits. The difference is only cultural - and I assume you are a 'cultural Australian', if there is such a thing...

  14. #14
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    53,711
    Will be supporting the game of cricket mostly, but in general I'd like to see Australia win.

    However I really want Swann to do well, mainly because I think some Australian CW fans seem to arrogantly dismiss him as a very good bowler simply because he didn't light the world on fire against Aust back in 2009.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  15. #15
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Colonies
    Posts
    42,642
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
    I find your situation funny though, because (assuming you have lived in Australia since a young age) surely you would predominately have an allegiance with Australia if the two countries are put head-to-head? Because having a British parent, but living in Australia, is practically the same as any other white Australian - after all, every white Australian is of the same make-up as Brits. The difference is only cultural - and I assume you are a 'cultural Australian', if there is such a thing...
    Yeah, I'm just a weirdo really.

    For a long time England were just a second team for me - a team I took a keen interest in and followed closely, but a team I'd never consider myself a genuine supporter of. As time went on though I just found it easier to identify myself with English cricket. Now I follow both teams, neither with any great passion.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 14-11-2010 at 12:20 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Which team are you supporting deep into the tournament?
    By Pratters in forum 2010 Football World Cup - South Africa
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 19-07-2010, 07:02 AM
  2. Have any CW members put you off supporting a country?
    By DingDong in forum Site Discussion
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 23-04-2010, 08:52 AM
  3. CWers Playing at the Highest Level
    By Athlai in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 01:25 AM
  4. controversial
    By sledger in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-07-2006, 01:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •