• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
2 points for the win
6-3 to me in the centurion stakes
James Anderson sitting reasonably clear of Steven Finn in leading wicket taker stakes
.5 to me for highest run scorer (Trott)
.5 each for highest wicket taker (Bresnan, Siddle)
ripper unable to win bonus point for series win

Furball 7
ripper 4
Final standings:

2 points to Furball for the win.
.5 points for highest run scorer (Cook)
.5 points for highest wicket taker (Anderson)
1 point for series win
1 point for most centurions in the series
1 point for highest wicket taker

For a final score of Furball 13 Ripper 4

So, I now own ripper's avatar until either:
  • Australia regain the Ashes
  • Australia go ahead of England in the ICC Test Rankings
  • Australia beat England in the World Cup Final (I have ripper's avatar for 6 months if Australia eliminate England in an earlier round)

I will pick your avatar in the morning. First thing, celebrate this win. Second thing, find myself a decent avatar.

chalky

International Debutant
Cook will have a higher batting average than Watson. Am willing to give up Waqar for a month if anyone fancies it.
I'll take that for sure.
Player Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave
AN Cook (Eng) 5 7 1 766 235* 127.66
SR Watson (Aus) 5 10 1 435 95 48.33

Decent effort by Watson unfortunately ran into an all time great effort by Cook. Really only took this bet because I thought Watson would fail more than Cook succeed.

Anyway your new avatar (what woman or bisexual England cricket fan could resist that picture)

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It is becoming a bit hard to distinguish between you lot - with England fans and bet-losing Aussies both sporting Ashes celebration themed avatars.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Everyone loves em and all Aussies love stealing em from the English. (yep we are still thieves before any of you poms jump on that)

Calling out GIMH to accept the challenge. 2 months (will consider an alternative amount if you wish)

In the spirit of the 5 test series, it'll be 5 legged with 1 point awarded for each leg, in the event of a tie, both will select each others Avatar.
I win if:
1. Australia win the Ashes
2. An Australian Bowler takes most wickets in series
3. An Australian Batsman scores most runs in series
4. Australia Wins more coin tosses
5. Australia concede the least amount of sundries (including wides, no balls, leg byes, byes)

Gimh wins if:
I win if:
1. England win/retain the Ashes
2. An English Bowler takes most wickets in series
3. An English Batsman scores most runs in series (tempted to make it english born and bred tbh)
4. England win more coin tosses
5. England concede the least amount of sundries (including wides, no balls, leg byes, byes)

Let the fun begin!
Not 100% on the last 2, reckon if I'd taken that bet it would have been 5-0 me.

ripper868

International Coach
Straussy wins the tosses 3-2.

Extras conceded by England 117.
Extras conceded by Australia 131.

5-0.

all that needs be said.

beat us with englishmen then we talk.

EDIT: :P for purposes of mods realising all is in banter...also for noobs beneift

EDIT2: mat be little bit drunk and just strucj out so noone too happy.

Last edited: