Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 67

Thread: Aussie one day side to be announced.

  1. #1
    International Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    6,385

    Aussie one day side to be announced.

    This would be my side.
    Paine(haddin rested broken finger)
    watson
    ponting
    clarke
    fergurson
    m hussey
    j hopes
    m johnson
    b lee
    n haurtiz
    n brakken
    12th d bollinger
    s marsh
    j holland
    m henriques.

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fine Leg/Technical Area
    Posts
    17,446
    Best XI these days i guess:

    Marsh
    Watson
    Ponting
    Clarke
    M Hussey
    D Hussey
    Haddin
    Hopes/Haurtiz
    Johnson
    Lee
    Siddle/Hilfy

    - Ferguson (he probably could be playing ahead of M Hussey ATM),
    - Hopes/Haurtiz
    - Bracken
    - Siddle/Hilfy
    - Paine

  3. #3
    International Coach pup11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    India
    Posts
    12,146
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Best XI these days i guess:

    Marsh
    Watson
    Ponting
    Clarke
    M Hussey
    D Hussey
    Haddin
    Hopes/Haurtiz
    Johnson
    Lee
    Siddle/Hilfy

    - Ferguson (he probably could be playing ahead of M Hussey ATM),
    - Hopes/Haurtiz
    - Bracken
    - Siddle/Hilfy
    - Paine
    I would definitely have either Warner or Hughes as the opener in the squad, I think its time Australia introduce Hughes into the limited overs format as well, it would help him develop his game further, and it would also be good for him to be around the Australian squad.

    North is another bloke who should be considered for the ODI's, his form in the last OD season was pretty impressive, and he can be a good addition to the Australian middle order, and his offies too can come in very handy, atm though both the Hussey brothers look set to get a chance ahead of him, but if either one of them doesn't perform, then he should come in as the replacement.

    The other thing is there is lot of confusion regarding the Australian ODI and T20 batting line-up these days, not many people seem to have any fixed slots, and everybody seems to be floating around in the batting line-up, I think that needs to stop, we need to decide who our openers are gonna be, who is gonna be our no.5, 6 and 7, and stick with some blokes in those positions, so that everyone knows what their role is in the side.

    My 15 man ODI and T20 squad would be:

    1.S.Watson
    2.P.Hughes/D.Warner
    3.R.Ponting
    4.M.Clarke
    5.B.Haddin
    6.M.Hussey
    7.D.Hussey
    8.M.Johnson
    9.B.Lee
    10.N.Hauritz
    11.N.Bracken
    12.B.Hilfenhaus
    13.P.Siddle
    14.C.Ferguson
    15.J.Hopes

    The fact that Marsh hasn't played any cricket in a while and his recent fitness issues, are some things that do go against him, and it would be the right time to test out either Hughes or Warner at the top of the order, with a tournament like Champions trophy not being that far away.

    If Warner or Hughes fail to do well, then we can always promote Haddin to open the batting, a slot where Haddin has done really well for Australia whenever he has had a chance.
    Last edited by pup11; 08-08-2009 at 01:06 AM.

  4. #4
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cribbertopia
    Posts
    58,020
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Ferguson (he probably could be playing ahead of M Hussey ATM),
    Hussey's ODI performances have been perfectly fine. It's one of the reasons he hasn't been dropped from the Test team yet, IMO.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 08-08-2009 at 01:13 AM.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'


    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

    Code:
    Pixie Caramels won by an Innings and 258 runs.


  5. #5
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    That Glorious Moustache
    Posts
    20,160
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Best XI these days i guess:

    Marsh
    Watson
    Ponting
    Clarke
    M Hussey
    D Hussey
    Haddin
    Hopes/Haurtiz
    Johnson
    Lee
    Siddle/Hilfy

    - Ferguson (he probably could be playing ahead of M Hussey ATM),
    - Hopes/Haurtiz
    - Bracken
    - Siddle/Hilfy
    - Paine
    facepalm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

  6. #6
    Cricket Spectator Mr_Cricket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    My 15 man ODI and T20 squad would be:

    1.S.Watson
    2.P.Hughes/D.Warner
    3.R.Ponting
    4.M.Clarke
    5.B.Haddin
    6.M.Hussey
    7.D.Hussey
    8.M.Johnson
    9.B.Lee
    10.N.Hauritz
    11.N.Bracken
    12.B.Hilfenhaus
    13.P.Siddle
    14.C.Ferguson
    15.J.Hopes
    I would pick this squad and I hope the Australian selectors do to.
    Aussie Aussie Aussie

  7. #7
    International Coach archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,808
    Not to be negative, but ODI have nothing to do with the Ashes, and just as Big Macs should never appear on a fine dining menu, should never be mentioned during an Ashes series
    You know it makes sense.

  8. #8
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    63*
    Posts
    22,603
    When will the side be announced?
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

  9. #9
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    63*
    Posts
    22,603
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac View Post
    Not to be negative, but ODI have nothing to do with the Ashes, and just as Big Macs should never appear on a fine dining menu, should never be mentioned during an Ashes series
    .

  10. #10
    International Coach archie mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    canberra Australia
    Posts
    10,808
    Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    .
    Glad to see it was taken in the right spirit

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fine Leg/Technical Area
    Posts
    17,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    facepalm
    Take your hand away from your face.

  12. #12
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fine Leg/Technical Area
    Posts
    17,446
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Hussey's ODI performances have been perfectly fine. It's one of the reasons he hasn't been dropped from the Test team yet, IMO.
    True. But i'm worried it may finally have a ripple effect towards his ODI batting.

  13. #13
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fine Leg/Technical Area
    Posts
    17,446
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    I would definitely have either Warner or Hughes as the opener in the squad, I think its time Australia introduce Hughes into the limited overs format as well, it would help him develop his game further, and it would also be good for him to be around the Australian squad.

    North is another bloke who should be considered for the ODI's, his form in the last OD season was pretty impressive, and he can be a good addition to the Australian middle order, and his offies too can come in very handy, atm though both the Hussey brothers look set to get a chance ahead of him, but if either one of them doesn't perform, then he should come in as the replacement.

    The other thing is there is lot of confusion regarding the Australian ODI and T20 batting line-up these days, not many people seem to have any fixed slots, and everybody seems to be floating around in the batting line-up, I think that needs to stop, we need to decide who our openers are gonna be, who is gonna be our no.5, 6 and 7, and stick with some blokes in those positions, so that everyone knows what their role is in the side.

    My 15 man ODI and T20 squad would be:

    1.S.Watson
    2.P.Hughes/D.Warner
    3.R.Ponting
    4.M.Clarke
    5.B.Haddin
    6.M.Hussey
    7.D.Hussey
    8.M.Johnson
    9.B.Lee
    10.N.Hauritz
    11.N.Bracken
    12.B.Hilfenhaus
    13.P.Siddle
    14.C.Ferguson
    15.J.Hopes

    The fact that Marsh hasn't played any cricket in a while and his recent fitness issues, are some things that do go against him, and it would be the right time to test out either Hughes or Warner at the top of the order, with a tournament like Champions trophy not being that far away.

    If Warner or Hughes fail to do well, then we can always promote Haddin to open the batting, a slot where Haddin has done really well for Australia whenever he has had a chance.
    Yea i dont mind Hughes getting a go in ODIs, since unfortunately his test career will be on pause for a while. Marsh regardless of his fitness woes, it still would be harsh to drop him right not TBF.

  14. #14
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Cribbertopia
    Posts
    58,020
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Yea i dont mind Hughes getting a go in ODIs, since unfortunately his test career will be on pause for a while. Marsh regardless of his fitness woes, it still would be harsh to drop him right not TBF.
    He's already been dropped. He's been fit for selection in Australia's last 5-10 ODIs and hasn't been picked.

    It'll be Haddin and Watson opening the batting; Ferguson will slip into the middle order.

  15. #15
    International Coach pup11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    India
    Posts
    12,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    He's already been dropped. He's been fit for selection in Australia's last 5-10 ODIs and hasn't been picked.

    It'll be Haddin and Watson opening the batting; Ferguson will slip into the middle order.
    Not sure about that mate, he was opening the batting for us in the UAE series, but he did his hammy again in the 1st ODI of that series, and since then hasn't played any form cricket, and I guess he wasn't even considered for the T20 WC because of this same reason.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Aussie Ashes squad 2009
    By redhotchilipepa in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-05-2009, 07:20 PM
  2. Aussie T20 World Championship squad
    By dossa in forum 2009 ICC World Twenty20
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-05-2009, 04:28 AM
  3. An A to Z of Cricketing Terms for newcomers
    By Dave Gregory in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24-02-2008, 08:52 PM
  4. Surrey 2002: A Cricket Captain Diary
    By SIX AND OUT in forum Cricket Games
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-02-2005, 09:25 AM
  5. My Side
    By superkingdave in forum Cricket Games
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 16-02-2005, 04:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •