• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2009 Ashes Tour Dates Announced

howardj

International Coach
Not liking the 1st Test starting on a Wednesday- it should be at a traditional venue too.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see Scotland get an ODI. However, 9 Limited Over games is far too many.

7 ODIs was too much before T20 was ever introduced and now its a mess.

3 and 3 or 1 and 5 IMO.

Tour appears to start and finish late. Very strange.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I also can't remember who is facing England previously in the summer, and whether the dates for that have been finalised too.

Craig

World Traveller
Zimbabwe should be banished to Sophia Gardens. What have they done to deserve an Ashes Test?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
True, that - forgot about the Twenty20 W Cup. Wonder why that was. First time I'll ever be taking more notice of domestic cricket than international for those couple of weeks.

Craig

World Traveller
True, that - forgot about the Twenty20 W Cup. Wonder why that was. First time I'll ever be taking more notice of domestic cricket than international for those couple of weeks.
My excuse for the last T20 WC was that I was in Poland and Slovakia at the time. Asking the locals about cricket would get a look like I was asking for a striptease (although if it was a females then... :ph34r: ).

I had no idea that the T20WC was on next year, and yet I don't exactly hate the format.

howardj

International Coach
Moreover, it's just tremendous to see the return of the protracted Ashes tour. Sadly, it's not as long as the tours in the late 80's and early 90's, when the chaps used to arrive pre-Anzac day and wing home in late August. I have to say, as a boy, it was one of my fantasies to get on that big Ashes tour bus and just passenger my way around England playing cricket. The Ashes tour bus is so kitted out. It has everything. In fact, they used to borrow the Man U bus for the early part of the tour (as it coincided with the EPL off-season).

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Picking the biggest would be nice too, so more people can see the games. My impression was that Cardiff wasn't going to be that big a capacity.
They can fit 16,000 into it, apparently. About the same as Trent Bridge, but less than Riverside, Old Trafford or the Rose Bowl.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Referncing my previous comment about us playing noone, I imagine we will still play ODIs against Zimbabwe