• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Collingwood out, annoys the hell outa me, whhy value personal milestones so much???

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The poor sod's developing a habit of daft dismissals in the 90's. Not a great way to go, but preferable to Andrew Nice-But-Dim Strauss' twin horrors in this game.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Strauss was a classic. "I don't get it, that's always a 6 shot at home. It's like these inscrutable Aussies have somehow embiggened their grounds..."

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Matt79 said:
Strauss was a classic. "I don't get it, that's always a 6 shot at home. It's like these inscrutable Aussies have somehow embiggened their grounds..."
Love that word. "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man"

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
mohammad16 said:
i dont care what u say, u cant justify those shots at all, i can think of alot of other players in this game who would have not attempted those shots
Lara played a similarly dismal shot against Giles in 2004. What say you?

tooextracool

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
I agree on general principle, but there was no need to be so "positive" under the circumstances. It's one thing to put a bad ball away, and another thing to charge down the wicket at a leg-break and miss it by six inches when you're trying to save a test. It was stupid every time he did it, not just the one he got out. Same with Pietersen trying to hook everything in the last 5 overs of the day.
So you would recommend not using your feet to Warne then? Maybe to you it was stupid, but believe it or not every single time he did it, Warne was visibly perturbed, and his bowling hardly got any better during that time. I dont mind players using their feet and coming down the track, if you've batted against leg spin bowling with a bowler constantly tossing the ball up you can see exactly why. However you've really got to check your shot when you realise that you havent gotten to the pitch of the ball. Theres absolutely no point continuing with the heave as if you miss, you have no chance of making it back to the crease and even if you mi**** its quite likely that you'll get out.

greg

International Debutant
mohammad16 said:
i dont care what u say, u cant justify those shots at all, i can think of alot of other players in this game who would have not attempted those shots, especially not the second one once the first attempt was a complete failure
Dhoni would have done though ;)

mohammad16

U19 Captain
silentstriker said:
All he did was score 96 in the second innings.
thats liek saying its ok to give up ur goals halfway through, he did so well to get that 96 and jus stupidly gave his wicket away, england had a very very good chance of saving that match had tiher batsmen not played recklas shots

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope he gets a 100 so that someone (can't remember who, TT Boy maybe?) has to be the first to avatar change. :p

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Matteh said:
I hope he gets a 100 so that someone (can't remember who, TT Boy maybe?) has to be the first to avatar change. :p
Yes, nice picture of Paul is ready and waiting.