• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Avatar Challenge

Dravid

International Captain
I'm going to keep this until the end of the 3rd test.

My challenge for the third test.

If monty plays and gets 7 wickets in the match, I will have a avatar of him with his figures.

If McGill plays and gets 7 wickets in the match, I will have a avatar of him with his figures.

If England win the third test or manage a draw, I will have a picture of Vaughn from last year holding the urn.

If England lose this test, I will have a picture from last year with a urn saying "It was just a fluke"

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Nnanden said:
If Harmison takes 20+ wickets this series, or takes less wickets for an average of < 30, he`ll be my avatar for a month.
Tbh, I thought I said 35. Either way, he ain`t getting close. I`ll definately cop it if he gets under 35.

Might make another now. :cool:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Assuming he plays, if Watson goes wicketless at the WACA

AND

Assuming he plays, If Lee doesn`t take a 5-for

AND

If Harmison takes 5 wickets from the top seven in total for the match

I`ll have Big Dunc in my avatar for a year.

EDIT: Raising the stakes. :D

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
PhoenixFire said:
SS, was the leading bowler the one with the best average or most wickets?

Either way it won't be McGrath
SS actually said the leading pace bowler. McGrath is third in the wickets with 9, while Clark and Hoggard have 11 and 10, and second in the averages, with 25 to Clark's 17.27.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
SS actually said the leading pace bowler. McGrath is third in the wickets with 9, while Clark and Hoggard have 11 and 10, and second in the averages, with 25 to Clark's 17.27.
I can't see him beating Clark on averages. Clark for me has been the best bowler of any type this series for me.

Dravid

International Captain
Btw I would like to add another challenge for my self. If neither McGill or Monty play, or they don't get seven wickets, then I put down a challenge for Warne that if he picks up his 700th wicket in this match, then I will have a avatar with him say "God of Spin" during the first three days of the 4th test. Then the rest of the two days I will have the bet on England I have as my avatar.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Bing, I'll make a deal that if Afridi scores more runs than Pietersen in this years ashes, then be your slave for ever.

shortpitched713

International Captain
PhoenixFire said:
Bing, I'll make a deal that if Afridi scores more runs than Pietersen in this years ashes, then be your slave for ever.
He must have an English passport somewhere. Everyone does, tbh.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Nnanden said:
Assuming he plays, if Watson goes wicketless at the WACA

AND

Assuming he plays, If Lee doesn`t take a 5-for

AND

If Harmison takes 5 wickets from the top seven in total for the match

I`ll have Big Dunc in my avatar for a year.

EDIT: Raising the stakes. :D
Can`t believe this didn`t get a look at. Will be a big pity if Watson doesn`t play.