• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ashes Avatar Challenge

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Just open bloody paintshop and use the text inserter for christs sake. How dumb do you have to be to not know how to do that. You can even do it in MS Paint ffs.

Dravid

International Captain
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Just open bloody paintshop and use the text inserter for christs sake. How dumb do you have to be to not know how to do that. You can even do it in MS Paint ffs.
1) I don't have paintshop
2) The computer I'm currently using is so screwed up that it takes an hour for me to open up anything and save and all that sort. That's why I never ever open anything besides firefox and MSN because then my computer will move slower than a snail. So I can't open up paint.

Dravid

International Captain
Anyway thoughts on the sig? Don't plan on removing that for a while since I don't tend to change my sig often

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Smith makes a fair point.

As for the takes ages thing, Paint clearly is less of a drain than Firefox and IE.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Dravid said:
1) I don't have paintshop
2) The computer I'm currently using is so screwed up that it takes an hour for me to open up anything and save and all that sort. That's why I never ever open anything besides firefox and MSN because then my computer will move slower than a snail. So I can't open up paint.
That BS. MS Paint takes less than half the virtual memory of Firefox or IE IIRC.

Dravid

International Captain
dontcloseyoureyes said:
That BS. MS Paint takes less than half the virtual memory of Firefox or IE IIRC.
Em, try using my computer first. The only reason I open firefox is to use the internet, and it's open for as long as my computer is on. I have no reason to lie dude.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
Another one for me (takes precedence over the wickies):

If Matthew Hayden scores more than 400 runs AND is in the top five runscorers in the series, I'll have a line in my sig saying "Matthew Hayden is the greatest opener ever."
This is a close one now. He's currently only 43 runs short of 400, but he's the 6th highest runscorer in the series after Ponting, Hussey, Pietersen, Collingwood and Clarke. Quite close to Clarke and Collingwood, so if he has a good 5th test you'll be changing your sig.

aussie tragic

International Captain
silentstriker said:
How about this..if Glenn McGrath is not the leading pace wicket taker, I will have in my signature:

"PhoenixFire is the greatest source of cricketing knowledge in the world, and I am but a humble servant at his feet."

For one month. And change my avatar to 'PhoenixFire's Slave'.
:laugh: looking even better for pheonixfire now as McGrath needs to get 7 wkts more than Clark in the last test:

Clark: 21, McGrath: 15, Lee: 14, Hoggard: 13, Flintoff: 10

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
aussie tragic said:
:laugh: looking even better for pheonixfire now as McGrath needs to get 7 wkts more than Clark in the last test:

Clark: 21, McGrath: 15, Lee: 14, Hoggard: 13, Flintoff: 10
It's a done deal really at this stage, because there are twenty wickets to take, Warne will surely take about 8 or 9, if so, McGrath would need to dominate with the new ball a la Lords 05 in both innings tbh.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
If Aus win by two or more Tests, I'll have as much of their national anthem in my sig as will fit. If we retain the Ashes though, I'd love for an Aussie to have Jersualem in their signature. Any takers?

The challenge can be to have the said signature for a month?
:cool:

Pay up.