• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jones reinstated behind stumps

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I quote you:

"Some people have been saying that Fletcher is a favourite of Jones, so now that he's in charge of the selection process in Australia he drops Read."

Read it. Think about it. Report as to whether that makes any sense at all.
Shouldn't that be Jones is a favourite of Fletcher?

PhoenixFire

International Coach
The whole point about this, is that it only take one beauty from McGrath or Lee to end a Geraint Jones innings, and then Fletchers plan is useless. Read will save you more runs than Jones will make you.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Matteh said:
By not diving towards first slip?
Tbh, I now think he was just wary of going too near to Trescothick after Bertie trapped him in the dressing room needing a shoulder to cry on.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Haha, I was wondering when you'd show up in this thread.
:laugh:
6 pages, thats all I could last for.

See, now as angry as I am that Jonesy is back for Read (Sorry Mr GIMH) , I know that calling him useless etc isnt exactly helful. If he's behind the stumps, fair enough, Its not my ideal choice, but hey, Im not an ideal member of this forum. I dont know where Im going with this, someone mind finishing it for me?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Umm, I'll try, its clear racism against Devonians, Fletcher is clearly an anti-devon man, and should be axed from all decisions hereafter......

There, I think that was unhelful, in every way:unsure:

Craig

World Traveller
Scaly piscine said:
Bell has mental/confidence issues in the big games against big opposition. I don't see any evidence that that has been sorted out. I think he'll be in happy nicker mode for most of the Ashes, then we'll have the Warwickshire zealot tell us how he just got good deliveries again. The only time he looked decent against Australia last time was when England were trying to score quickly to declare in the 3rd Test and so the pressure was completely changed. The other 50 he got he was missed 3 times or so and edged plenty more safe. He was fine against weaker sides before that Ashes series, scored 70odd against WI and took the cheap runs on offer against Bangladesh, so just because he's scored runs against Pakistan, India etc. doesn't mean he's turned a corner.
Well actually some of them were.