• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Leading Wicker Taker

Who will be the 2006/7 Ashes leading wicket taker?

• Nathan Bracken

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuart Clark

• Jason Gillespie

• Mitchell Johnson

• Michael Kasprowicz

• Brett Lee

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Stuart MacGill

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Glenn McGrath

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Shane Warne

Votes: 26 50.0%
  • Steve Harmison

• Monty Panesar

• Andrew Flintoff

• Matthew Hoggard

• Ashley Giles

• Dave Mohammed

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • James Anderson

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
I couldn't edit the poll to make it public. That would be one for James.

However, I was able to make the poll close on midnight on the morning before the first test starts so nobody can vote after the series begins.
Don't think you can make them public, post-posting.

I'd appreciate it if you could allow the batting poll to do a Cinderella too Mr W, thanks.

Oh, and I voted for Harmi :ph34r:

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
To be different I selected MacGill ($34). I just read a preview for the WA-TAS pura cup game on the West Australian website and they had an article that stated Australia are looking at playing two spinners at the WACA after last year's lifeless pitch.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
odds:

WARNE Shane 2.75
LEE Brett 4.25
MCGRATH Glenn 6.50
CLARK Stuart 11.00
MACGILL Stuart 34.00
BRACKEN Nathan 26.00
TAIT Shaun 41.00
GILLESPIE Jason 34.00
KASPROWICZ Michael 51.00
FLINTOFF Andrew 11.00
HARMISON Steve 11.00
PANESAR Monty 15.00
HOGGARD Matthew 26.00
MAHMOOD Sajid 34.00
GILES Ashley 51.00
LEWIS Jon 81.00
Players Not Quoted 15.00

Macgill the value bet there no questions, i would say hes fairly likely to play all the tests given Watsons has been going well. Also if Warne gets injured he would step up.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sir Frederick for me. Sad to say it but if his body holds together he'll have less competition for Oz wickets from our other bowlers than the Aussie bowlers will for ours.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Looking at those odds reinforces the question - who's going to take the 20 wickets a match for England? Pasener seems almost the most likely - not reassuring when you're talking about a young and relatively untried spinner on his first tour down under. Harmison is seeming more and more unlikely, Jones is not coming and it seems unlikely that we'll be seeing any 18 over spells from Freddie anytime soon.

howardj

International Coach
Warne for Aus

Flintoff for Eng

Warne overall (on the basis that he's more likely to get two innings I reckon; and also that McGrath will not take as many as in past Series').

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Matt79 said:
Looking at those odds reinforces the question - who's going to take the 20 wickets a match for England? Pasener seems almost the most likely - not reassuring when you're talking about a young and relatively untried spinner on his first tour down under. Harmison is seeming more and more unlikely, Jones is not coming and it seems unlikely that we'll be seeing any 18 over spells from Freddie anytime soon.
Unduly harsh on our bowling there, one fancies.

An attack of Flintoff, Hoggard, Mahmood, Anderson & Panesar easily has twenty wickets in it. It's rather unfortunate that we won't see it for for the first test because Harmison will play (meaning Jimmy will probably miss out) & it does leave us with a very long tail (especially with Read @ 7) so I can honestly see Monty missing out for the <coughs> multi-dimensional Gilo. :(

howardj

International Coach
BoyBrumby said:
Unduly harsh on our bowling there, one fancies.

An attack of Flintoff, Hoggard, Mahmood, Anderson & Panesar easily has twenty wickets in it. It's rather unfortunate that we won't see it for for the first test because Harmison will play (meaning Jimmy will probably miss out) & it does leave us with a very long tail (especially with Read @ 7) so I can honestly see Monty missing out for the <coughs> multi-dimensional Gilo. :(
Mahmood's bowling looked alright last night.

I think he'll really push Anderson for that final bowling spot out here this summer.

Matt79

Global Moderator
If Flintoff was fully fit, I'd think differently. Harmison seems unlikely to suddenly develop a love of the touring life + any form, and I doubt Hoggard will find the conditions as conducive in Aus. It kinda leaves Mahmood and Pasener leading the charge and while both look like fine prospects, I think it will too big a baptism of fire for them.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
McGrath is value, I was sure Lee would have higher odds just going on McGrath's reputation so I was going to jump on Lee, but now I'll take a punt on McGrath.

He won't go away, and I reckon he'll rip through the top order on many occasions.

Dydl

International Debutant
Had to go Warne, irrestible after his last Ashes series. I don't think the English bowlers will do as well in Australian conditions as they did in English conditions, therefore narrowed my options down to Australians only, which Warne came out on top of IMO.