• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 5th Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Collingwood scored runs in Adelaide as well but I wouldn't call him a good batsman. Ditto Symonds in Melbourne. Langer, Hayden and Gilchrist are all flakey these days. Clarke needs a dormant pitch to make runs. A bit of swing and bounce from the quicks and he is largely irrelevant.
Hardly any batsmen struggle with swing and extra bounce 8-)

What a terrible point. Clarke was looking fine until then. He was able to leave balls alone in the corridor of doom which he normally would have dabbed at and the shot was on anyway

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Collingwood scored runs in Adelaide as well but I wouldn't call him a good batsman. Ditto Symonds in Melbourne. Langer, Hayden and Gilchrist are all flakey these days. Clarke needs a dormant pitch to make runs. A bit of swing and bounce from the quicks and he is largely irrelevant.
He's made runs in every test this series except for Melbourne. I don't see how this pitch is any more lively than the others. It's a pretty good batting wicket, and Brisbane and Perth had just as much bounce.

Clarke plays swing fine for mine. Last Ashes he handled the moving ball better than most of the other Australian batsmen. His problem has always been shot selection.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Someone didn't see his innings at Lords in 2005 ashes. The ball was doing plenty for the english seamers there and he made 91 until getting out to a rash shot. As Fuller mentioned he played the pace attack well, however, his shot selection was terrible.

The ball he got out to in Melbourne was a beauty from Harmison, and i'd put this latest dismissal down to both it being a good ball, and poor shot selection. His two centuries this series have been Test Class batting display's, and to suggest otherwise is pure ignorance afaic.

Craig

World Traveller
Is there any chance of play today?

(Been out forthe last 2 and a half hours doing other things)

Armsty

Cricket Spectator
This is good news for Australia. The wet outfield will make it harder for England here and Australia should capitalise!

pasag

RTDAS
Lol @ Symonds "waiting out till the end play" and smashing it around.

Australia's day quite easily although the game is pretty much in the balance. If either of these two plus Gilchrist go on, this is Australia's. Still pretty exciting stuff for a complete dead rubber.

Play starts half an hour early tomorrow for anyone that doesn't know.

pasag

RTDAS
Cbf making a thread, Legends of Cricket on ESPN now, Allan Border on atm.

Last edited: