• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 3rd Test at the WACA

Fiery

Banned
PY said:
These last two sessions are why this series has been so frustrating for me as an Englishman.

We compete for 2 sessions a day say, then the session that we lose isn't just being edged out. It's getting utterly thumped and the game lost in the process. It happened yesterday (granted, we were looking down the barrel anyway but it meant we had to bat for another session), it happened at Adelaide and I have a feeling it'll continue to happen.
Keep the faith brother, and if all else fails, just remember, they're just a bunch of uncouth ex-convicts.

"The dingo's got ma baby"!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I meant he needed to have a big innings, because if they get Flintoff in today then it should be all over pretty quickly tomorrow.

Fiery

Banned
Perm said:
I meant he needed to have a big innings, because if they get Flintoff in today then it should be all over pretty quickly tomorrow.
Anything is possible with Pietersen, he's one of the greats. Don't write England off yet. Flintoff is capable of a Botham-like innings to win the game too. C'mon England!

Fiery

Banned
I love the man but does anyone else get annoyed by Bill Lawry's over-excitibility sometimes or is it just me?

Mister Wright

How good is Cook? He's had his trouble outside offstump to the quicks in this series, but this innings has been all class. Great stuff.

Fiery

Banned
Mister Wright said:
How good is Cook? He's had his trouble outside offstump to the quicks in this series, but this innings has been all class. Great stuff.
Bout time someone showed some ticker against the dingos. Good knock Cook

Fiery

Banned
Mister Wright said:
You mean other than Pietersen, Hoggard, Panesar and to a lesser extent Flintoff?
Well, Flintoff hasn't. Agreed that Pieterson has shown his class and fighting spirit and Hoggard has tried his heart out and taken a lot of pointless wickets and Panesar has destroyed Giles's career and Fletcher credibility...but bring back Botham, Gower and Willis, and Randell, and Robin Smith and Allan Lamb, Graham Gooch and some guys who can take the game to the Aussies

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
Classly knock by Cook.

Keep going as it is not over yet. Really the best way for Cook to look as it is another day of free batting practice in match conditions. If he wants a highest score then he can get as he will have the time to do it.

Mister Wright

Craig said:
Classly knock by Cook.

Keep going as it is not over yet. Really the best way for Cook to look as it is another day of free batting practice in match conditions. If he wants a highest score then he can get as he will have the time to do it.
Yeah, and Pietersen has a big job to do for the rest for the rest of the day. With Cook tiring he needs to face a lot of balls and keep the scoreboard ticking over.

Cook can get a big hundred here, and so can Pietersen. There's not too many gremlins in this pitch atm.