• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This year's Simon Jones

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
But you're still premeditating, and if you do that your goose is cooked.

I don't think you can do it against quality spin, you must play the ball on merit and watch from the hand; survival is not the be all and end all, runs must be scored and playing a spinner with smotherhood (I think I made that word up) gives the bowler and captain a big chance of taking your wicket as the scoring options are limited if the skip sets the field correctly.

I'm not one for back or front, just playing each ball on merit.

tooextracool

International Coach
Pedro Delgado said:
But you're still premeditating, and if you do that your goose is cooked.

I don't think you can do it against quality spin, you must play the ball on merit and watch from the hand; survival is not the be all and end all, runs must be scored and playing a spinner with smotherhood (I think I made that word up) gives the bowler and captain a big chance of taking your wicket as the scoring options are limited if the skip sets the field correctly.

I'm not one for back or front, just playing each ball on merit.
you're not really premeditating, my point is that your first instinct should be to get forward. If the ball is dropped short or wide, then obviously you can still rock back and play it, but more often than not you want to get to the pitch of the ball rather than stand back and let the ball do whatever it wants off the pitch before you play it.