• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What will be telling factors in deciding the Ashes?

Which of these factors will have a major bearing on the final result?

• Total voters

Duke

Cricket Spectator
Reality

Oh come on people. If Australia play at their best or near their best (which they certainly didn't do in last years' Ashes when half the side went missing), Australia will win the series comfortably. It doesn't matter how well England play. If both teams are at their best, Australia will triumph.

England deserved to win the series in 2005 when they outplayed Australia. It wasn't lucky, but it WAS an anomaly. Australia were very poor in 2005 and thats why they lost.

If McGrath, Warne, Ponting, Hayden and Gilchrist fire, that will be enough. If the whole team fires, it could be embarrassing for Flintoff's men.

I'll say it again. The result of the Ashes hinges on the whether the Australian team plays to its potential.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
PhoenixFire said:
The one problem I can see England having is takin 20 Aus wickets.

Harmison - If he is on form at the WACA then england will win, I can pretty much guarantee that, just as long as England post 300+ in each innings.

Hoggard - I'm gonna be harsh and say that he's going to be pretty ineffectual in Australia. He needs English greentops to help him, and he won't get them down under.

Flintoff - The most consistent of the English fast bowlers, and will take 30 wickets. He's gonna like bowling at the WACA, MCG and Brisbane.

Panesar - Englands best hope for 5fers and 10fers. Will like bowling at the SCG and Brisbane. Could cope on flat tracks because of his accuarcy.
Like the English greentops found in South Africa and India?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't get many greentops in England either these days... especially if there's an Asian team touring - that's when some groundsmen decide to prepare the odd dustbowl for Murali.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Don't get many greentops in England either these days... especially if there's an Asian team touring - that's when some groundsmen decide to prepare the odd dustbowl for Murali.
Yep it's all part of the massive Asian conspiracy.