• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This vid goes Viral.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Associates are also free to organise bilateral series with each other right? How come Scotland has played just one ODI in the last 12 months? Funding?

He made an excellent point about how they're always playing for something though, be it funding or qualification.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Associates are also free to organise bilateral series with each other right? How come Scotland has played just one ODI in the last 12 months? Funding?

He made an excellent point about how they're always playing for something though, be it funding or qualification.
Who would pay for them? England wouldn't give their game against Hong Kong ODI status because they didn't want to pay for it.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Associates are caught in a catch 22. You can't secure funding from sponsors if you've got nothing to offer them and you can't get fixtures unless you've got cash.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Development of cricket is a longterm important aspect. It cannot be looked at as being financially viable or not.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Development of cricket is a longterm important aspect. It cannot be looked at as being financially viable or not.
I was surprised that it's the boards that foot the bill on international match expenses. I'm guessing this would cover DRS, ground fees, taxes, extra staff.

brockley

International Captain
Seems Bhogle is assuming he is close to Jesus,by pretty much saying the poor will be always with it speech,and saying to the Associates shut up and just get on with it.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
No surprises that Bhogle, the BCCI stooge and apologist is making a 'if they don't have bread, why don't they eat cake' argument.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's not something we don't already know & I doubt anything will change given we've taken a backward step since the FTP 10 years ago, but good on him saying it I suppose.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
And then he makes a detailed FB post saying how there is a common misconception that he has anything to do with the administrators. The point isn't whether it's true or not, the point is that over the last few years, he has been the most vocal BCCI supporter/apologist in print/online media, even during the time BCCI was bullying CSA in 2013 during the Lorgat. appointment. So if you're going to be the BCCI cheerleader, don't get surprised when people think you are their stooge.

It also tells you a lot when Moonda comes across as the sensible one between the two of them.

Last edited: