View Poll Results: Sri Lanka vs. South Africa Final - Who is more likely to choke?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sri Lanka

0 0%
  • South Africa

4 30.77%
  • Double choke resulting in a tie

3 23.08%
  • Who cares? South Africa will lose to India anyway

6 46.15%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: If South Africa beat India and make the World T20 final...

They've probably come further as a unit than individual bowlers, would certainly take Sharma over them on his recent form
    There are two colours in my head

U19 Cricketer
    I would probably take most of the posters on this site over Ishant Sharma, let alone other international players
    Rangana Herath : World's best spinner.
    Pakistan last series win : January 2012
    Pakistan last overseas series win : January 2011

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    The arrogance and condescension in these two lines is only matched by its refusal to actually substantiate its claims.

Stop trying to enforce your, at best highly controversial, opinions on the rest of the forum as stated fact without substantiation, and stop with the arrogant dismissal of anyone who has the temerity to actually hold a different opinion to yours. At best it's tedious - a more honest assessment would be that it's deeply detrimental to forum atmosphere and it's wearing my and the other mods' patience down rather rapidly. General warning.
    The fact that you want me to substantiate the elementary speaks of your refusal to accept reallity. The figures on how many people watched the T20 finals broadcast is easily available. So are the numbers for how many watched last years Ashes series. So are the numbers for how many watched last years BG series.
    The facts are simple: limited overs cricket is the real deal, on the basis of attracting far greater viewership to it than the dinosaur format of test cricket. You gave me a general warning for stating facts. I expect you to do your job better and hand out general warnings to the traditionalist fools who are busy denegrating real cricket in the cricket forum by asking if fandom of test cricket and one day cricket are mutually exclusive.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Waiting for Muloghonto to reply that because he once pushed the heavy roller in close proximity to Jayawardene at the SSC, he's well qualified to comment and disagree.
    sonny, if you ever get the chance to play some cricket with cricketers who do it professionally, your opinion may be worth something. till then, go talk to yourself on how steve waugh played the ball late.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Burgey

Sonny

Does not compute
    marc71178 likes this.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Muloghonto View Post
    The fact that you want me to substantiate the elementary speaks of your refusal to accept reallity. The figures on how many people watched the T20 finals broadcast is easily available. So are the numbers for how many watched last years Ashes series. So are the numbers for how many watched last years BG series.
    The facts are simple: limited overs cricket is the real deal, on the basis of attracting far greater viewership to it than the dinosaur format of test cricket. You gave me a general warning for stating facts. I expect you to do your job better and hand out general warnings to the traditionalist fools who are busy denegrating real cricket in the cricket forum by asking if fandom of test cricket and one day cricket are mutually exclusive.
    sonny, if you ever get the chance to play some cricket with cricketers who do it professionally, your opinion may be worth something. till then, go talk to yourself on how steve waugh played the ball late.
    Is it a policy of this forum to indulge those who come here to start fights and pursue vendettas? If not then I don't think its before time to complain this boastful name dropping onanist has had more then enough chances.

Never been a fan of saying this to anyone.......but that really is some rank posting Muloghonto.

I've got no idea what sort of "playing careers" either yourself or Burgey have had but I do know that when Burgey is talking seriously about cricket he is a man worth listening to......I haven't seen you contribute a single post to this forum that has made me think anything other than you are a complete waste of bandwidth here.

Your reply to Spark was equally poor and I agree with him entirely that your presence here is detrimental to the forum atmosphere and it is not because of what you say but how you say it.
    Last edited by Adders; 12-04-2014 at 05:33 PM.
    marc71178 likes this.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    Is it a policy of this forum to indulge those who come here to start fights and pursue vendettas? If not then I don't think its before time to complain this boastful name dropping onanist has had more then enough chances.
    You might want to read this thread a bit more carefully if you are accusing me of starting anything. Burgey was the first to make it personal. I simply repaid the favour.

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    Never been a fan of saying this to anyone.......but that really is some rank posting Muloghonto.

I've got no idea what sort of "playing careers" either yourself or Burgey have had but I do know that when Burgey is talking seriously about cricket he is a man worth listening to......I haven't seen you contribute a single post to this forum that has made me think anything other than you are a complete waste of bandwidth here.

Your reply to Spark was equally poor and I agree with him entirely that your presence here is detrimental to the forum atmosphere and it is not because of what you say but how you say it.
    If you think I've made a single post that stinks as much in terms of hatred, condescension and general poor taste as Burgey's OP and his consistent slamming of Sri Lankan team, i have no choice but to accuse you of typically Aussie-tinted glasses that somehow excuses crassness from your fellow posters as 'matey boistrous behavour' but fall over in consternation when its paid back in kind.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    have you ever kissed a girl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    Alright, this has turned into a train-wreck again, and given I forgot to replace my previously-deleted post with another warning, let me make this abundantly clear since a whole stack of posters have decided not to get the message from other threads:

Personal attacks are not on, irrespective of who posts them, or who they are directed at. You will be infracted.

I'm not quite sure what serious discussion is actually going on in this thread, but apparently there is some. Stick to that, not petty point-scoring and feuding.
    My sworn enemy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I give out points for style of which Steve(n) Smith has none.

Yeah, so this Sanga guy is pretty ****ty eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
    Herath is as good as Ajmal in tests; he just doesn't as much recognition for whatever reason.
    Say what you will about Sanga, but for this I love you always

U19 Debutant
    This thread is silly. If you check the statistics most countries sucked away from home for their first 30-40 years, that's the bottom line. australia didn't become a superb touring side overnight, it took them some time. the same was true of SA, INDIA and WI.
    YorksLanka likes this.

International Vice-Captain
    India never really succeeded away from home,or been successful.
    sledger likes this.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread Information