Cricket Betting Site Betway

View Poll Results: Sri Lanka vs. South Africa Final - Who is more likely to choke?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sri Lanka

0 0%
  • South Africa

4 30.77%
  • Double choke resulting in a tie

3 23.08%
  • Who cares? South Africa will lose to India anyway

6 46.15%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: If South Africa beat India and make the World T20 final...

Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    I'm not sure how well Aus would do in SL either. Herath is just as good as Ajmal.
    Probably win, seeing as our team is a fair bit stronger and SL weaker than in 2011.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

those nights were on fire
    we couldn't get higher
    we didn't know that we had it all
    but no one warns you before the fall

SL in 2011 looked better on paper (than now) but they played like **** under Dilshan
    Last edited by Maximas; 10-04-2014 at 01:13 AM.

Banned
    Herath is as good as Ajmal in tests; he just doesn't as much recognition for whatever reason.

I'd back Aus to beat Pak even in the U.A.E. Of late the Pak side has become a classic case of more hype and less substance. Their test side has not won a single test series since Jan 2012 - just think about it. They've even played Zimbabwe since then but no series win to show for. The series in Oct should be interesting, can't see us losing. Either they'll prepare tracks that will make Lyon look like Warne, or (more likely) they'll prepare dead lifeless pitches where you'd back Geof Boycott's grandmother to score a ton. Will be a test for MJ v2.0 though, that will be interesting.
    Last edited by Jassy; 10-04-2014 at 01:10 AM.

The pitches for the England series were flat, but they still batted like lost children. Wouldn't put it past Ajmal/Rehman to give us a seriously embarrassing time over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Probably win, seeing as our team is a fair bit stronger and SL weaker than in 2011.
    yeah I think so too, but I'm really not all that convinced by Pakistan either.

SL need to pick a tight, conventional Rehman/Jadeja-esque bowler to bowl a crapload of overs while Herath works the opposition over. I don't really see the point in Senanayake etc. I'm sure there are plenty of guys over there who could do a capable job.

More or less what Dilruwan Perera was picked to do, personally I thought Randiv was doing that job nicely, however Herath himself is quite economical, and the seamers have really improved in that regard, so I'm not exactly sure that's the answer tbh

Eranga and Lakmal have improved quite a lot from their Australian / England tours, Prasad is in good form too. Eranga, Lakmal, Prasad and Nuwan Pradeep would be seamers to be rotated wit Mathews to support. On English conditions these guys will bowl that wicket taking ball more often. None of them are trundlers and all can generate some good pace.
    Supporting players: Dinesh Chandimal, Roshen Silva, Kusal Janith, Nuwan Pradeep, Kasun Rajitha, Lahiru Kumara, Akila Dhananjaya, Dhananjaya de Silva

Given that Kulesakara was handed a top tier contract this year I'd expect him to take a place alongside Lakmal and Eranga in the line-up with Herath as the spinner, at least for the England tour, not looking forward to what the selectors decide for home tests when 2 spinners will be picked

Quote Originally Posted by Migara View Post
    Eranga and Lakmal have improved quite a lot from their Australian / England tours, Prasad is in good form too. Eranga, Lakmal, Prasad and Nuwan Pradeep would be seamers to be rotated wit Mathews to support. On English conditions these guys will bowl that wicket taking ball more often. None of them are trundlers and all can generate some good pace.
    you're kidding yourself. They're yet to get up to the standards of Ishant Sharma, ffs.
    Flem274* likes this.

He's only referring to speed there from what I gathered, and given that Lakmal, Eranga and Pradeep can all bowl mid 130s or more he's got a point

International Debutant YorksLanka's Avatar
    yeah but here in England, pace isnt everything, yes its useful, but the ability to swing the ball is just as lethal..Look at anderson, he sint quick, but in swinging conditions, he is the worlds best at the moment imo.We will have one pace bolwer in Pradeep and Lakmal has been getting his pace up to 135-7k's in dubai so that isnt too bad. We will do better trying to get a balanced but varied attack imo..
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

I really don't think Pradeep is ready to be playing a test match in England yet, he was absolutely horrible in Bangladesh (granted the conditions didn't suit him), his FC form since hasn't been ideal and has really only had one good test match in his career thus far, and even then he couldn't maintain his pace and incisiveness over the entire match.

We saw in the double ashes that patient bowling to good plans was the key to getting through the English batting, (even in the absence of a destructive bowler like MJ) and while these pacers have improved a great deal under Vaas this will be their greatest test, I think they can stick to their guns and bowl accurately, but whether or not they can produce the wicket-taking balls often enough is the key.

they're all crap, and yes i watched the UAE series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybersmurf View Post
    k :) sounds good. u just want to have the most don't ya?? ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Hehe - of course :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybersmurf View Post
    u and ure eleven cricket balls........
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    HEHE :D

You can finish up with a lot more ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Please sig this Dad.
    before replying remember
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    I don't actually know as much as I pretend
    proudly supporting central districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

You're crap
    sledger likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    They've definitely been improving, but they're still a little bit crap. Would take Ishant Sharma over them.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread Information