Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tom Cooper called up for Holland.

Yeah he should stop making a living from cricket and go and play for the Netherlands full time and work in a bar.
    The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Yeah he should stop making a living from cricket and go and play for the Netherlands full time and work in a bar.
    Way to completely overstate my point to make it look ridiculous. If you can't get up to potentially qualify for the World Cup, then don't waste your time pretending to be Dutch.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.
    ~~~~Categorically not Heath Davis~~~~

I'm pretty sure even if he wanted to his SACA contract prevents him from playing when it clashes. So it actually is one or the other.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Netherlands cleared over claim they 'bullied' Gruijters out of World T20 | Sport | The Guardian

The Netherlands have been cleared of wrongdoing by the International Cricket Council over accusations from their young all-rounder Tim Gruijters that he was "forced and bullied" out of their World Twenty20 squad to make way for Tom Cooper, an Australian all-rounder.

Cooper, 27, was born in Wollongong and has played for both Australia Under-19s and Australia A, but has been a regular for the Netherlands in one-day and T20 cricket since 2010, following a similar path to the veteran seamer Dirk Nannes.
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

"There is a procedure in place for teams to replace injured players with substitutes who are eligible and available."The KNCB followed that procedure by obtaining independent medical advice confirming an injury to Tim Gruitjers before requesting a replacement player. We are satisfied that the KNCB acted within the ICC's tournament rules during this process."

IIRC, the rules on injury replacements do not allow for replacing players for injuries known prior to their selection in the squad. The proper methodology for the investigation should have been to take a look at (a) the medical clearance given to Gruijters when he was selected initially (whether or not it makes mention of the chronic condition and it's severity), and (b) the second medical assessment that led to the application for his replacement (whether or not it suggests a fresh injury or significant deterioration of the previously documented chronic injury).

It's the comparison of the two medical reports that illuminates, not the mere mention of an injury in the second assessment. From their statement in the news article, it seems possible that the ICC might have drawn a meaningless conclusion based on just the second report.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

'You will look very silly said Mr Salteena with a dry laugh.
    Well so will you said Ethel in a snappy tone and she ran out of the room with a very superier run throwing out her legs behind and her arms swinging in rithum.
    Well said the owner of the house she has a most idiotick run.'

Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    They shouldn't pick him at all then. If he thought a few hit and giggle matches more important than his chances of playing in the World Cup, why on Earth should he get a free ride into the T20 World Cup team at the expense of one of the Netherlands' true local players. Guys like Cooper aren't the future for the Dutch. If they keep doing this, they have no future.
    The story is a bit more complicated then that. State teams, counties etc. do not have to release players for the associates. They pay so they make the decisions. Cooper missed out on the Sheffield final and therefor was available.

It's a ****ing farce all of this. Truely hoped the ICC would disqualify the Dutch from the World Cup.

Happy that Cooper stepped in and upped our chances of a decent WC. Roux is a ****ing moron and should be sacked a.s.a.p.

Dutch cricket is going to the ****ter soon. This will probably be the last tournament where the Dutch can pay their players. After that most of the ICC funding will be gone.

RtD and Nannes aren't playing because they don't see the appeal of playing for the Dutch anymore (tbh I think **** happend between RtD and the KNCB)
    Nannes was very negative about the Dutch on Sky yesterday and I can totally understand why.
    P.S. We beat England at Lord's
    Member of the RTDAS.
    Member of the ESAS - Edgar Schiferli Appreciation Society
    President of the DNAS - Dirk Nannes Appreciation Society
    Member of the CW Colts!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    I think it's really disappointing of her - would only take a minute or two of her time....
    Quote Originally Posted by luffy View Post
    Wishful thinking on your behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    Must increase their chances,at least qualifying.
    Indeed.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Quote Originally Posted by Kweek View Post
    The story is a bit more complicated then that. State teams, counties etc. do not have to release players for the associates. They pay so they make the decisions. Cooper missed out on the Sheffield final and therefor was available.

It's a ****ing farce all of this. Truely hoped the ICC would disqualify the Dutch from the World Cup.

Happy that Cooper stepped in and upped our chances of a decent WC. Roux is a ****ing moron and should be sacked a.s.a.p.

Dutch cricket is going to the ****ter soon. This will probably be the last tournament where the Dutch can pay their players. After that most of the ICC funding will be gone.

RtD and Nannes aren't playing because they don't see the appeal of playing for the Dutch anymore (tbh I think **** happend between RtD and the KNCB)
    Nannes was very negative about the Dutch on Sky yesterday and I can totally understand why.
    Whoa! When did you get back? How are you doing?
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there will be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Whatever we think about this mess. It did get us through!
    Madness. Exhilarating. Magical. Netherlands have crossed the line in an unbelievable 13.5 overs.
    It's like watching a Gayle from each end. And when one Gayle gets out.. Another Gayle comes in...

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Whoa! When did you get back? How are you doing?
    Whenever I feel like ranting about Dutch cricket haha

I'm doing alright Mr Cyclops! How have you been? Hope all is well with the family Are you still playing yourself? Hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Stapel View Post
    Whatever we think about this mess. It did get us through!
    Haha it bloody well did. Stoked with the way we played this tournament and thing might turn out to be less bleak

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information