• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A First Round - Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Nepal, Hong Kong

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Atherton is looking rather fetching in that blue shirt, sets off his eyes.

#never confused#

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Also the idea of an entire T20 tournament being played on dustbowls that turn square is remarkably appealing to me. Love a good bunsen on occasion.
I'd bloody love to watch a whole t20 tournament with a really unfair balance given to ball over bat, would be hilarious but interesting to see the tables turned so drastically.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm pretty sure this will be Nepal and Hong Kong's senior debuts on live Australian television. I don't know why that makes me so excited as I've seen them both play before through other means, but I think it's pretty awesome.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Australia are comfortably favs with the bookies. Wonder if that will change if pitches continue to take turn.
Honestly, if Bangladesh had another good T20 batsman and a serviceable fast bowler to partner Mashrafe, I reckon they'd be very competitive here. Well, it would help if Gazi was any good at T20.

Tamim, Anamul, Nasir, Shakib, Mushfiqr, <good T20 bat>, Sabbir, Marmadoola, Mashrafe, Razzak, <serviceable T20 pacer> looks pretty strong on a turning deck, IMO.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'm pretty sure this will be Nepal and Hong Kong's senior debuts on live Australian television. I don't know why that makes me so excited as I've seen them both play before through other means, but I think it's pretty awesome.
501, 502 or 503?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
501, 502 or 503?
503 my good man. They've had one big long extended coverage of it since the Bangladesh-Afghanistan game started which is far more than I was anticipating. One of my biggest fears about the whole pre-tournament qualification tournament idea was that it wouldn't be televised here.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The standard of fast bowling in associate teams has exponentially risen in the last five years. Lightyears ahead of where Bangladesh were when they got Test status on that front; in fact a few associates have better fast bowling stocks than Bangladesh do even to this day really.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hong Kong's catching really is laughably bad. They haven't got near a lot of these skied balls that full members teams would be swallowing easily.