• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - India, Bangladesh, Ireland

R_D

International Debutant
No surprise here.... thats how they play. It looks good when it comes off but most of the time they just end up gifting their wickets away.

Probaly saying the obvious but spinners are the big hope for Bangladesh.. Without knowing too much; i'd assume Irish players haven't really faced that many quality spinners so Shakib and co can still win it for Bangladesh.
I

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No surprise here.... thats how they play. It looks good when it comes off but most of the time they just end up gifting their wickets away.

Probaly saying the obvious but spinners are the big hope for Bangladesh.. Without knowing too much; i'd assume Irish players haven't really faced that many quality spinners so Shakib and co can still win it for Bangladesh.
I
Trouble is if there's no pressure then I can't see the spinners doing much.

Ireland will probably be left only needing 5-6 an over off them if they take a few off the powerplay overs against the seamers. Bangladesh's best bet might be to open with a spinner such as Razzak.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Agree with Scaly.

Open with a spinner, and also hope Mortaza sneaks an early one or two.

Then Bangaldesh really have a chance.

They gotta try and get to 130 here. Big last over required.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I thought earlier that 130 would make this a coin flip, really surprised that they're getting close to it TBH

R_D

International Debutant
Trouble is if there's no pressure then I can't see the spinners doing much.

Ireland will probably be left only needing 5-6 an over off them if they take a few off the powerplay overs against the seamers. Bangladesh's best bet might be to open with a spinner such as Razzak.
Yeah definately should open with a spinner...... couple of tight overs and run rate will shoot up and they have like 4 spinners today..... Could see slow bowling from one end from start to finish.

Certainly going to be an interesting chase.... wouldn't count out Bangladesh totally.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, Mashrafe. What a gun. Reasonably competitive total now, should be interesting.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Late flourish by Mortaza. 20 runs off the last over. 137 is just about enough for Bangladesh to go through I reckon.

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
In the immortal words of the Irish Cranberries, wake up... and smell the coffee. Well, they picked it up a little.