Cricket Player Manager
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Squad

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    Ante Covic you would think would be the 3rd keeper unless he really stuffs up in the Asian Cup QF or a Friendly. ATM Brad Jones is about 6th in line, there are quite a few infront of him. But if he gets regular football at Boro that could change.

My Sqaud ATM:

GK: Mark Schwarzer, Zelko Kalac, Ante Covic
    DF: Craig Moore, Lucus Neill, Ljubo Milicevic, Tony Vidmar, Tony Popovic, Michael Thwaite, Brett Emerton, Scott Chipperfield
    MF: Harry Kewell, Tim Cahill, Marco Bresciano, Vince Grella, Jason Culina, Ahmad Elrich, Luke Wilkshire, Josip Skoko
    FW: John Aloisi, Mark Viduka, Archie Thompson, Joel Griffiths
    3 months on and I don't think much would have changed. That would still be the squad that I believe Hiddink will pick. Possibly Sterjovski, who has been in pretty good touch for Basle, ahead of Wilkshire. Guus though has tended to overlook the old stages like Sterjovski, Lazaridis, Agostino and Petkovic and I can't see it changing much.

Beauchamp, Ceccoli, Carney, McDonald would be the outside chances to get an all expenses paid trip to Germany!!!

Kewell, Schwarzer, Viduka, Cahill and Bresciano have all been in good form for their clubs. After the weekend Bresciano is the only one not injured

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Mansfield have been in Division Three for as long as i've supported them bar the one season
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Birtannia
    3 months on and I don't think much would have changed. That would still be the squad that I believe Hiddink will pick. Possibly Sterjovski, who has been in pretty good touch for Basle, ahead of Wilkshire. Guus though has tended to overlook the old stages like Sterjovski, Lazaridis, Agostino and Petkovic and I can't see it changing much.

Beauchamp, Ceccoli, Carney, McDonald would be the outside chances to get an all expenses paid trip to Germany!!!

Kewell, Schwarzer, Viduka, Cahill and Bresciano have all been in good form for their clubs. After the weekend Bresciano is the only one not injured
    The injuries to some of the key players are a bit worrying, i hope they are all back by the time of the World Cup. Only Schwarzer looks like he could be out for while, the others guys shouldn't miss too many games if any hopefully.

I think Joel Griffiths, Michael Thwaite and Luke Wilkshire have next to no chance of making the squad now, maybe Wilkshire has a slight chance. Sterjovski is a must for the midfield spot, his been amazing for Basel. Holman or MacDonald are the favorites for the the 4th striker spot. Its probably a toss up between Lazaridus and Beauchamp, MacKain and Kisborbo are outside chances, but it would probably be one of those two.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Schwarzer's injury is apparently not that bad, hes got 7 weeks anyway, id say hes a certainty...

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    I think Joel Griffiths, Michael Thwaite and Luke Wilkshire have next to no chance of making the squad now, maybe Wilkshire has a slight chance. Sterjovski is a must for the midfield spot, his been amazing for Basel. Holman or MacDonald are the favorites for the the 4th striker spot.
    Thwaite hasn't been playing but I still think they will take him as back up just because he can play right across the back 4.

I have no idea how Griffiths has gone for Leeds.

I don't know if they will bother taking a 4th striker personally. Hiddink only plays Viduka with Kewell/Bresciano/Cahill/Thompson/Elrich etc. playing off him. He doesn't like to play Viduka and Aloisi together, it doesn't fit into his system. He likes the one targetman (Viduka or Aloisi) with two pacey forwards, that can drop back into midfield, playing off him. Neither Holman or MacDonald fits into the system so Griffiths would still be there I reckon.

Thwaite hasn't been playing but I still think they will take him as back up just because he can play right across the back 4.

I don't know if they will bother taking a 4th striker personally. Hiddink only plays Viduka with Kewell/Bresciano/Cahill/Thompson/Elrich etc. playing off him. He doesn't like to play Viduka and Aloisi together, it doesn't fit into his system. He likes the one targetman (Viduka or Aloisi) with two pacey forwards, that can drop back into midfield, playing off him. Neither Holman or MacDonald fits into the system so Griffiths would still be there I reckon.
    Griffiths hardly played any football at Leeds, a pretty poor move. Both Holman and MacDonald can play off strikers. Holman came on in the 2nd half against Baharin and played in the midfield. They can both play as attacking midfielders similar to Griffths.

Thwaite can play across the whole back 4, but so can Vidmar, i think they will go for a guy who has played regular recently.

International Debutant Pedro Delgado's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    Anyway, enough of this gay banter. I'm heading off for a few tears and a wallow in nostalgia as I watch 'The Baseball Ground - The Final Chapter' again. The day they tore the wonderful old ground down, a big part of me died.
    I felt bad enough when they put seats in the Pop Side, there's no way I'm ever going back Shaftesbury way as I know what would happen, blub city.

Sorry for the derail chaps, carry on.
    Member of the Rosalie Birch Appreciation Society (RBAS)
    Member of CVAAS - go Joe

You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    I'm the church and I've come
    To claim you with my iron drum
    la la la la la la la la la la

The wolves are running..

Cahill out for 6 weeks

From the beeb's website:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...on/4946590.stm

Knee ligaments. Always very bad news for any sportsman.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

If he is out it will be a big loss, i think we will still take him and hope his fit by the later group matches or 2nd round . Probably Archie will get a run in the starting line up like he did in the 1st leg against Uruagay and Kewell or Culina move back to the midfield. We can probably find a way to deal with his loss, but it would be a lot better to have him on the field, his been in really good form.

Last I heard he was banished to the Romainian Third Division? Which must be as poor and low standard of football as you probably can get.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    It seems Cahill will be fit, so we should go there with a full strength squad, even if one or two are carrying niggles, but find me a team that isnt

Moyes is having a big whinge over Cahill's availability.

He is doing what you expect from the club's pov but he is still a ****. I can't stand him.

Schwarzer is going to be wearing a plastic mask for the UEFA Cup final.

I hope he comes through it alright.

So anyway how do you think we will line up against the Greeks in Melbourne?

--------------------Schwarzer---------------------

------Neill----------Moore--------Vidmar-------

-----------------------Grella-------------------------

Emerton-----------Culina--------Chipperfield

---------------------Bresciano--------------------

------------Viduka--------------Kewell----------

That would be my guess. Alternatively you could play Kewell on the left and Aloisi or Thompson upfront with Viduka although that would require Harry to track back and help out the defence and you don't really want to restrict him like that.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Actually, all Moyes is saying is that the Aussie media are misguided in saying that he's back in training.

Which is perfectly fair, I think he'd know more about it than some hacks 10000 miles away...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Last I heard he was banished to the Romainian Third Division? Which must be as poor and low standard of football as you probably can get.
    Apparently the owner of his team is a nightmare.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc71178
    Which is perfectly fair, I think he'd know more about it than some hacks 10000 miles away...
    Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc71178
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly Piscine
    Also I don't read papers, newspaper journalists are one of the lowest forms of life.
    What a nice attitude to take towards people you don't even know.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information