• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England v New Zealand (SUPER OVER? BOUNDARY COUNTBACK?) at Abu Dhabi, 11-10 Wednesday (N), Semi-final #1

thundaboult

International Debutant
Reckon this could make or break tim southee's LO career.

Ehh who I am I kidding his spot is forever booked in any format lol

Days of Grace

International Captain
I subscribed to sky sports now for this game. Now I think I can't watch it live. And I don't think they have the full replays on demand. Dammit.

EDIT: Unless I pause it at the beginning of the program and then wake up and start watching it?

Last edited:

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
There was alot of bull**** that nz failed at that could have won the final (Boult overstepping on the boundary, Overthrow, Santner ducking the last bouncer), and realistically if the rules had been enforced properly there wouldn't have been a superover and nz would have won, but those flaws are what truely make it a great final and make it as memorable as it is. If thing's had been dolied out properly and nz had clutched up in one of the earlier mentioned moments the game wouldn't hold the reverence and significance it does today, and that stupid boundary countback rule would still be in place.

loterry1994

International Debutant
There was alot of bull**** that nz failed at that could have won the final (Boult overstepping on the boundary, Overthrow, Santner ducking the last bouncer), and realistically if the rules had been enforced properly there wouldn't have been a superover and nz would have won, but those flaws are what truely make it a great final and make it as memorable as it is. If thing's had been dolied out properly and nz had clutched up in one of the earlier mentioned moments the game wouldn't hold the reverence and significance it does today, and that stupid boundary countback rule would still be in place.
Yeah that boult catch for six when stokes was batting I don’t know how he missed it, guess it’s all pressure of the moment

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah that boult catch for six when stokes was batting I don’t know how he missed it, guess it’s all pressure of the moment
Boult's usually so good there aswell haha, took a really good catch to dismiss brathwaite that took nz to a win vs the windies and into the finals a few games before that.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah, NZ might sneak through after winning the toss. Be a shame for the better team to lose here.

cnerd123

likes this
Luck Tally

1 slice of luck to NZ for winning the toss
1 slice of luck for Eng with that Bairstow inside edge just missing the stumps

1-1 at the start of the 3rd over