• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia v Bangladesh (GIVE NATHAN ELLIS A GAME), at the Ring of Fire, Dubai-- 11/4 Thursday (D), Match #34, Group 1

Howe_zat

Audio File
I reckon if you gave Bangladesh the choice between no Shakib Al Hasan and having to play in full scuba gear they'd think twice about it

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Bangladesh preparing those dodgy pitches before this tournament really coming back to bite them.
hard to think of worse possible preparation. There’s something almost poetic in how terrible Bangladesh have been in this tournament.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
We'll all be surprised if Australia need ten overs to chase this down. Others may want to work out what this does to their NRR.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Would Australia chasimg this down in the first 6 but losing a few wickets or chasing it in 10 with 9 wickets in tact be better for NRR

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I came in at 18/3, but the play I saw really suggested yer Banglas have mentally checked out already.

Quality stuff from Zampa though. Exactly what one wants from a leggie bowling to the lower order in this format.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
“That was my hat trick ball”

“Yeah I know, I was trying to catch it.”

:lol:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Of the reasons why it sucks, this is probably the biggest
I suppose it would take one heck of an algorithm to sort that one out. Maybe use D/L to extend both sides' innings to the full 20 overs if the team batting second wins? As we discussed the other day, the result between two sides with the same number of points seems the fairest way to separate them.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I suppose it would take one heck of an algorithm to sort that one out. Maye use D/L to extend both sides' innings to the full 20 overs?
I suggested this during the last 50 over WC and people haaaated it. Howe got a less frosty reception for the same suggestion the other day -- I think more people are starting to realise just how awful NRR is, making the other imperfect solutions seem more palatable.