• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7th Match - Afghanistan v Bangladesh

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah that was funny. His pitching wasn't that good. You didn't expect such players coming out of Bangladesh 5-7 years back though which makes it encouraging.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Yeah that was funny. His pitching wasn't that good. You didn't expect such players coming out of Bangladesh 5-7 years back though which makes it encouraging.
Yeah at that point I think the quickest I'd seen was Shafiul, who sprayed it around.

Rubel was around back then, and only consistently gotten better. A lot quicker too. I think Phlegm always had a soft spot for him.

Challis

U19 12th Man
Rubel's always been a decent ODI bowler, high economy rate withstanding; It's Tests where he's garbage, I think he's got the highest Test bowling average for a full time bowler that's played at least 20 Tests or something similar.

It was a convincing win for BD. The bowlers were impressive, I did think there were some harsh comments about them on this thread as they are a pretty decent ODI bowling unit, again it's Tests where they are a let down.
However the ODI batting needs a lot to be admired, particularly in foreign conditions. They rely heavily on Shakib, Mushy and Tamim. If those three fail then they will struggle to put up a decent total.
I wasn't impressed with the batting order, what was Mominul's role? They got away with it yesterday but against better teams they would pay the price for such foolishness. I wonder what they will come up with against Australia. I've always advocated that Mushy should be moved up the order and bat at 3, as he has the best technique.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Rubel's always been a decent ODI bowler, high economy rate withstanding; It's Tests where he's garbage, I think he's got the highest Test bowling average for a full time bowler that's played at least 20 Tests or something similar.

It was a convincing win for BD. The bowlers were impressive, I did think there were some harsh comments about them on this thread as they are a pretty decent ODI bowling unit, again it's Tests where they are a let down.
However the ODI batting needs a lot to be admired, particularly in foreign conditions. They rely heavily on Shakib, Mushy and Tamim. If those three fail then they will struggle to put up a decent total.
I wasn't impressed with the batting order, what was Mominul's role? They got away with it yesterday but against better teams they would pay the price for such foolishness. I wonder what they will come up with against Australia. I've always advocated that Mushy should be moved up the order and bat at 3, as he has the best technique.
I remember Rubel being a fair bit slower and more swing reliant. Had good days and bad days. Wasn't a total spud but wasn't quite as sharp as he looks these days.

Yeah either drop Sarkar down the order or bring in Nasir for Mominul IMO.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah Rubel has improved so much. Looks far stronger now and his bowling is more pacey. He also runs in with so much vigour. Then he pitches it right. Can take 3 quick wickets in a test if things went his way.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
I thought people were saying Afghanistan will beat/crush Bangladesh? :laugh: In the end a emphatic 105 run win. Tough ask against Australia but Bangladesh from what I've seen in their last 6 ODIs under Chandika has a good chance of beating both Sri Lanka and England to be honest providing their top order deliver the goods.