Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Afridi - Class Act

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Bit harsh on Fusion...
    ****!

International Debutant Dissector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Yuvraj's response was the best.
    Adding fuel to the fire IMO. Afridi's comments were obviously moronic and he appears to have backtracked from them ; it's best to move on .

As for Gavaskar and Mallya, Gavaskar's statement was completely innocuous as is evident from the video clip.

However it does appear that tweet was posted on Mallya's account and if he did write it, it's disgraceful not least because it trivializes the tragedy and horror what happened that day in Mumbai. And frankly I would expect a lot better from an experienced businessman like Mallya than from Afridi.

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Bit harsh on Fusion...
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissector View Post
    Adding fuel to the fire IMO. Afridi's comments were obviously moronic and he appears to have backtracked from them ; it's best to move on .

awta
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissector View Post

As for Gavaskar and Mallya, Gavaskar's statement was completely innocuous as is evident from the video clip.

However it does appear that tweet was posted on Mallya's account and if he did write it, it's disgraceful not least because it trivializes the tragedy and horror what happened that day in Mumbai. And frankly I would expect a lot better from an experienced businessman like Mallya than from Afridi.
    Mallya is a wanker. I will always want his Royal Challengers team to fail miserably, though I like quite a few of their players.

International 12th Man
    Don't know which of the 2 explanations for this bizzare outburst is a more comforting one.

- that Afridi is a dipstick, and so nothing he says is of any consequence (because he did say nice things).

- or that there is a bunch of people who explicitly or implicitly pressured Afridi into making new statements that went against the grain of what he had said before.

Doesn't matter, I suppose., disappointing either way.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Mallya is a wanker. I will always want his Royal Challengers team to fail miserably, though I like quite a few of their players.
    Oi, wac
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Jeevan, this is a guy who chews a cricket ball infront of 21 cameras accepts test captaincy and then retires after one game.Believe me there was no pressure on him the civilian government is trying their leval best to get in to India's good books. The big media houses like Geo are always willing to play the 'Aman ki asha' card all that is left is the army and currently the army is so stretched in the Northern parts that I doubt they care what Afridi has on his mind.The best way to tolerate this moron is let him play his cricket quietly and ignore anything he says be it positive or negative.

International Debutant salman85's Avatar
    Your hatred for Afridi is pretty silly TBH.Minus the current statements,Afridi has never played or done Pakistan more good as a cricketer than he has since becoming captain.Also,your accusation of 'getting in India's good books' is absurd,with no solid reasoning of proof.

Remove the 'I hate Afridi cloud' and then re-assess what you said.

I understand bashing him for the current statements,but you take your hatred to a new chappellesque level with the conspiracy theories.

He made a stupid remark.Clarified it a few days later.Whatever the motive for the original comment was,it certainly doesn't bring in the India Good Books and North Areas-Army theories.It was a silly remark that he should have not made,end of story.Be biased all you want in assessing Afridi,which is obvious from your blatant hatred for the man,but no amount of bias can cover up the fact that he is the first captain to make Pakistan gel like a unit and perform so well in a world cup in a long time.And he did it against far more controversies in the background than our previous captains,Imran Khan included,ever faced.
    Last edited by salman85; 07-04-2011 at 12:34 AM.

well I can argue you remove your Afridi blinkered glasses and then re-assess.

As for making this team a fighting unit credit should go to Misbah and Waqar and not only Afridi as they were the one's who first started picking up the pieces after the spot fixing issue.

First Class Debutant

Place in history is secure

Argue all you want guys, the bottom-line is that Afridi's place in cricket history is SECURE.

As blasting batsman (Boom Boom), canny spinner, excellent fielder...and now leader.

As statesman, he promised that he would take Pakistan to the semis and did it.
    He stated that they would deny SRT his century against his team, and did it.

Who would'a thunk an idiot like Afridi would come good and alight the WC. But for a few breaks, he could've taken his team to the finals

Grab your successes Pakistan and enjoy them. They won't last for long.

Banned

Guess we do not have big hearts after all. Suck it up princess.

haha...WARG

Banned

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread Information