• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 38 - New Zealand v Sri Lanka

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thierry henry

International Coach
On a good day... with a tail wind.
If there's a bowler who should be in the team despite being slightly restricted in his run-up (and that's all it is) it's Mills. Rarely has a bowler been less reliant on his athleticism or complete lack thereof.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Every replay you watch makes Saheba's decision look more and more absurd.
You just knew how it was going to go at the time though. As soon as he decided to take a second look at the replays it was painfully obvious that he was going to pike out and use the "benefit of the doubt" defence. Gutless umpiring.

JBH001

International Regular
I like Nasser's take on the situation. Apart from that, Mahela is also one of the gents of the game.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Don't blame Mahela for that at all personally. If it's close to the ground at all for a batsman they have to ask the question IMO. The 3rd umpiring is what is in the wrong.

thierry henry

International Coach
You just knew how it was going to go at the time though. As soon as he decided to take a second look at the replays it was painfully obvious that he was going to pike out and use the "benefit of the doubt" defence. Gutless umpiring.
I don't even know if gutless is the word. It's just clueless. It should be easy for anyone to look at that replay and know that what they are seeing is a catch in a game of cricket. It's scary to know that World Cup umpires can be so lacking in eyesight and cricket nous.

Spark

Global Moderator
Don't blame Mahela for that at all personally. If it's close to the ground at all for a batsman they have to ask the question IMO. The 3rd umpiring is what is in the wrong.
Yeah indeed. While it's nice if he takes the fielder's word, he's under no compulsion to do so. He certainly is under no compulsion to walk if the ump gives him not out despite what replays show.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I don't even know if gutless is the word. It's just clueless. It should be easy for anyone to look at that replay and know that what they are seeing is a catch in a game of cricket. It's scary to know that World Cup umpires can be so lacking in eyesight and cricket nous.
I just think he got scared about making a decision that he thought might be a bit controversial, so he decided to give it not out on the grounds of "benefit of the doubt", knowing that there have been plenty of similarly clueless decisions going in favour of the batsmen in the last few years. Its kind of backfired, tbh.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I normally get over a bad umpiring decision long before this. For some reason, this one is lingering. It might be tiredness. It might be the monobrow.

thierry henry

International Coach
I fear we have missed the window of opportunity to dismiss Sanga and Jaya, both of whom are actually quite liable to get out for a slowish 50-odd in ODI cricket. They're on the march now.

Blaze 18

Banned
I just think he got scared about making a decision that he thought might be a bit controversial, so he decided to give it not out on the grounds of "benefit of the doubt", knowing that there have been plenty of similarly clueless decisions going in favour of the batsmen in the last few years. Its kind of backfired, tbh.
Nah, he's just plain incompetent and daft.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Southee doesn't break this partnership in this first over of the PP, we're chasing 285+.