• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Opening ceremony

masterblaster

International Captain
They can never get it right! There is no planning, no great special guests and there is no wow factor at all. They've got a long way to go. I think they should just stop doing them all together.

masterblaster

International Captain
And another speech!

At least this one's the Prime Minister. I don't know why the Finance Minister and Youth Minister made speeches.
Bloody hell! They should've just had the Prime Minister make the speech and that was it. The others just wanted their 15 minutes of fame, which is about as long as their speeches went!

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ooh, I think the speeches are over!

Fireworks and lasers now. That's more like it.

_Ed_

They are cutting her off! Brilliant! Or did she finish? Wasn't paying attention.
Haha, she said "I declare the 2011 Cricket World Cup..." then paused for dramatic effect before saying open, and the music and fireworks started during the pause. That didn't quite go to plan for her.

_Ed_

no man , they are actually being flied i guess

u cant have remote controlled kites, at least not in Bangladesh
But there were kids standing in the middle of the stadium with little black things that looked like remotes.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Major :laugh: at this thread

Haha, she said "I declare the 2011 Cricket World Cup..." then paused for dramatic effect before saying open, and the music and fireworks started during the pause. That didn't quite go to plan for her.
Haha, why am I not watching this? This is hilarious.