• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Huge shot by Malinga. It is a pity that the rain interrupted the match and robbed us of 3 hours - SL have made a pretty good fist of this chase.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Typical - the Sri Lankans accept the offer of the light and the match finishes - while Channel 9 was at a commercial break!!! 8-)

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yet more insanity. The match isn't over because the Earth's spin on its axis might reverse and the sun might come back up.

FFS.

YAY WOHOO!!! We won - what a Three-Peat! :D

simmy

International Regular
I mean they look really happy but surely it must be a little hollow as they are clearly so much better than everyone else.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Get that new avatar up, mate :happy:
Fair-play - if Ponting had only given young Watto a fair chance, it might not have come to this! :dry:

I'll do it in two seconds, having breakfest and celebrating my team being world champs right now!

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

I agree that this is a disappointing way for the final to finish - I did my rant a couple of pages ago. but I don't think it's ultimately affected the result, and I think any alternatives would generally produce worse unfairness.
It did affect owing to the whole weather shift and the DL being in the back of the SL players and the light factor....it's getting darker by the minute.

Poor light, sad situation for the Lankans, but oh well, at least that six was something to be smile about :)!

I guess I'll stop now.....made my points clear.....no use crying over spilt milk.

The somber mood in the Sri Lankan camp, watching the Aussies from the dressing room and singing:

:nopity:!
We look at the worldcup and notice the Aussies smiling,:nopity:!
While our bats gently weeps!:nopity:!
With every mistake we must surely be aging,:nopity:!
Still our bats gently weeps!:nopity:!
:nopity:!