• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Final.

JBH001

International Regular
Well GG to the Australians. They deserve it.

I take a certain degree of pleasure and pride from the SL performance. We did not cave, or give in, or give up, and gave it a good go.

(I still maintain though that this final has been something of a shambles, akin to this whole damn tournament. But I guess thats neither here nor there)

In any case, congratulations to the Australian fans, here and elsewhere, and to the Australian team (I hope pidg bowls the last over but I wont stick around to see it).

Its time I went to bed. Laters.

simmy

International Regular
I love it when a left armer bowls around the wicket to me. I don't see why he does bowl his usual way.

pup11

International Coach
Give McGrath some overs and let him end his golden career with a few more wickets, just as a parting gift!

Beleg

International Regular
jbh,

the shot was on - the ball didn't bounce, nothing jaya could have done about that.

the rain has really really hurt sri lanka

simmy

International Regular
I am sorry, but any final with an innings as good as that one bu Gilchrist is a good final.

That is by far the best one day knock I have seen given the circumstances (bar maybe KP's first 100 in RSA) and I think the tournament will be remembered for that at least.

Trigger_Tiger

U19 Captain

jbh,

the shot was on - the ball didn't bounce, nothing jaya could have done about that.

the rain has really really hurt sri lanka
It has hurt the game of cricket as well.....some serious rethinking out to be done about the whole DL system and crucial deciders such as the final of THE MOST IMPORTANT CRICKET TOURNAMENT IN THE WORLD!

simmy

International Regular
It has hurt the game of cricket as well.....some serious rethinking out to be done about the whole DL system and crucial deciders such as the final of THE MOST IMPORTANT CRICKET TOURNAMENT IN THE WORLD!
ICC Champions Trophy is clearly more important.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Well i'm sure the rest of the cricketing world is open for suggestions if you have any, which you don't.