• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SA,SL,PAK,NZ Are the 4 big threats in the WC for us- Mike Hussey

pup11

International Coach
I can't completly agree with huss's assessment because Pak without akthar and asif would struggle to do well, NZ are an unknown quantity (the dark horse) they still need to prove they are a good side playing away from home. I think India and West indies could be a bigger threat to the aussies then Pak and NZ.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
So India DON'T need to prove they can win away from home? they've been one of the worst at winning series away from home.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Mike Hussey is pretty much tempting fate.... and India has to be the odds on favourite from hereon ...:laugh:

pup11

International Coach
Conditions in the west indies are tailor-made for sub-continent sides slow pitches, small grounds, quick outfields, and similar climatic conditions to the sub-continent.
All these factors are heavealy loaded in a sub-continental sides favour, but Tim i agree with you India are terrible outside India(they lost 4-1 against WI in WI not so long ago) but still they are a dangerous team with their amazing batting line-up.

pup11

International Coach
Jason, India are from nowhere odds on favourite mate, I would just ask you one question when was the last time India won a final of a tournament? It was in the Natwest series in 02-03 and thats a long while ago, everyone says the South africans are chokers but if one just looks at the number of finals India have lost they would surely change their mind on that.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
I can't completly agree with huss's assessment because Pak without akthar and asif would struggle to do well, NZ are an unknown quantity (the dark horse) they still need to prove they are a good side playing away from home. I think India and West indies could be a bigger threat to the aussies then Pak and NZ.
I think the only team he missed is WI and thats because they probably wont make it to the SF, but these 4 teams have a high probabililty of making the cut and on thier day these teams can beat Auss unlike the others

pup11

International Coach
If thats the case why is India getting the maximum votes in the Cricket web poll asking which team would win the world cup.

pup11

International Coach
Pakistan without akthar and asif would really struggle to beat any team leave alone australia.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
If thats the case why is India getting the maximum votes in the Cricket web poll asking which team would win the world cup.

We know why, India is still ranked 5th despite playing 2 ODI series back to back at home against below average ODI teams (WI and SL minus Murli and Vaas)..anyone who thinks india is top notch needs to think again

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The reality is that Australia have just lost to England - which shows that anyone can quite easily be a threat to them, especially sans 3 or 4 of their best players.

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
The reality is that Australia have just lost to England - which shows that anyone can quite easily be a threat to them, especially sans 3 or 4 of their best players.
England is a good side and it was a matter of time they would get the right combo going. You wouldnt hear that from Hussey' mouth but Eng is in with a shout

biased indian

International Coach
England is a good side and it was a matter of time they would get the right combo going. You wouldnt hear that from Hussey' mouth but Eng is in with a shout
if englnad have a chance based on the form they are in..... we also will have some chance atleast

any way india are more favoured to win the cup than ENG by bookies

Last edited:

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
if englnad have a chance based on the form they are in..... we also will have some chance atleast

any way india are more favoured to win the cup than ENG by bookies
I dont know if you gamble but the odds increase and decrease due to how much people bet on it too. its simple demand/supply besides the actual probability.

And its a 1.1 billion cricket crazy nation and people do spend out of patriotism, so no wonder they are favored over Eng and in some cases over SA.

If somone bets a billion $ on bangladesh there Odds will improve too ( which is very unliekly)

biased indian

International Coach
I dont know if you gamble but the odds increase and decrease due to how much people bet on it too. its simple demand/supply besides the actual probability.

And its a 1.1 billion cricket crazy nation and people do spend out of patriotism, so no wonder they are favored over Eng and in some cases over SA.

If somone bets a billion $ on bangladesh there Odds will improve too ( which is very unliekly)
so why they have australia so far ahead....

and can u show me one place where thay have india more fav than SA,,just want to know

biased indian

International Coach

and for u r knowledge in india betting is illegal so u can atleast discount 75% of that 1.1 billion :)

biased indian

International Coach
I think the only team he missed is WI and thats because they probably wont make it to the SF, but these 4 teams have a high probabililty of making the cut and on thier day these teams can beat Auss unlike the others
on thier day any team will beat any other team....

thing is how many teams are consistent.......
and i will say other than AUS only SA come any where close to it....

so the last 2 spot is up for grabs for the rest of the 6 teams

rodzilla1010

U19 Cricketer
on thier day any team will beat any other team....

thing is how many teams are consistent.......
and i will say other than AUS only SA come any where close to it....

so the last 2 spot is up for grabs for the rest of the 6 teams
It will take more than cake walk for Aus and SA to grab those 2 spots too...Aus lost to Eng and NZ....SA, well i dont htink they will make it to the semifianl...Bullies at home...when was the last time they did anything special outside africa? and dont forget that they are known for getting wet pants in WC"s

pup11

International Coach
When "biased indian" is posting you expect him to come up with biased comments for the Indian team, considering indian team won their last final of any tournament in 02 in the Natwest series.