Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bangladesh Thread

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steds View Post
    Does a 23 year old who was just the leading ODI wicket taker for the 2006 calendar year not count as a prospect?
    Just because Mashrafe is 23 doesn't mean he's a prospect, he's been around for ages now.

And yes, he's a decent bowler but to call him the leading ODI wicket-taker for 2006 is utterly laughable, given that no Bangladesh game merits ODI status, never mind Bermuda and Canada games.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by James90 View Post
    A woeful post, even by your standards. I suppose you'll never stop arguing what you don't know about.
    No, I'll never stop arguing about what I do know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Just because Mashrafe is 23 doesn't mean he's a prospect, he's been around for ages now.

And yes, he's a decent bowler but to call him the leading ODI wicket-taker for 2006 is utterly laughable, given that no Bangladesh game merits ODI status, never mind Bermuda and Canada games.
    No, isolated games just count for little.

What, beating the mighty Bermuda and Canada?

you are just dumb and dont have a clue what your talking about like i said once before ill say it again but to you this time i feeling the slaping the sh** out of you...learn when to shut up because this is the time because you dont know what you talking abou! they never even played canada or bermuda in the last 2 years(since they started to show improvement)...plus the only associate they played is scotland&kenya(had odi status for a while) for only two games...mind you ah australia india etc etc was beaten by bangladesh in odi's so they dont have to go to canada to get a win...you are just crying like a baby over nothing...and dont whine back at me like a baby...its time you go to sleep...
    Last edited by LA ICE-E; 11-01-2007 at 05:55 PM.

Uh-uh, it ain't.

And forgive me for not being too bothered about the prospect of being slapped by someone in the US of A...

I do have a clue what I'm about, and Bermuda and Canada were simply 2 names pulled from thin-air - fact is, Bangladesh have played a hell of a lot of fellow substandard teams recently - and for such games to be classed "ODI" is even more ludicrous than Bangladesh-New Zealand being classed such.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Well seeing as you never stop posting about things you DON'T know about, it's hardly surprising.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Except that I haven't done that, either...

its point less argueing with a dumba** so im going to stop

Given the gap between point and less I'll leave the working-out of dumbaessness to others...

International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Richard, we know what your feelings are and we don't want to hear them again. If you haven't got anything constructive to say, don't say anything.

Seriously, you're no better than Rodgie.

A woeful post, even by your standards. I suppose you'll never stop arguing what you don't know about.

In other news...I'd have the following squad for the World Cup

Shahriah Nafees Ahmed
    Rajin Saleh
    Aftab Ahmed
    Mohammad Ashraful
    Farhad Reza
    Saqibal Hasan
    *Habibul Bashar
    +Mushfiqur Rahim
    +Khaled Mashud
    Mohammad Rafique
    Abdur Razzaq
    Mashrafe Mortaza
    Syed Rasel
    Shahadat Hossain
    Mohammad Sharif

Shame I couldn't find a place for Javed, Tamim, Mehrab Jnr and Rana. I don't see too much potential in the pace department. Having seen Dollar live I don't think he's that great personally. Whatever happened to Shafaq?
    IMO Javed almost certainly won't go, Tamim would be a wild card, Mehrab shouldn't go but probably will, and Rana hasn't been anywhere near the national team for the past year. Can't comment on Dollar - never seen him play. Shafaq is still in the big picture for Bangladesh A.

That looks a pretty strong squad above, but I think Mehrab will get the nod over Sharif. TBH I'd rather have Tamim than both of them though.

I picked Sharif because of the obvious lack of quality fast bowling options. You seriously can't go into the WC with only Mashrafe, Shahadat and Rasel. People could argue Farhad Reza but he's really just a Mahmud gentle medium I thought. Having said that Sharif's lost a bit of pace since he last played international cricket.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Breakout Champion!

Just because he's been around for a while doesn't mean he's not still young and has plenty of scope to improve.

And, the fact is that he took more wickets in games with ODI status than anyone else in 2006, therefore calling him the leading ODI wicket-taker for 2006 is not utterly laughable. It is correct. You having some vendetta against the smaller countries' rights to play games does not change facts.

I picked Sharif because of the obvious lack of quality fast bowling options. You seriously can't go into the WC with only Mashrafe, Shahadat and Rasel. People could argue Farhad Reza but he's really just a Mahmud gentle medium I thought. Having said that Sharif's lost a bit of pace since he last played international cricket.
    I just think that seeing as we haven't really got any seamers beyond Mashrafe and Shahadat, we may as well play three spinners, even on a non-turning wicket. Reza is not much better than Aftab in my books. Tamim offers something almost completely different.

After today's events, it would probably be unfair to call Tamim a 'wildcard'. I reckon he'll go to Zimbabwe, and unless he fails there, to the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jumbo View Post
    Richard, we know what your feelings are and we don't want to hear them again. If you haven't got anything constructive to say, don't say anything.

Seriously, you're no better than Rodgie.
    I am.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information