• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

your team squad for 2007 world cup..

shortpitched713

International Captain
Personally I think its too early to pick a playing XI for any of the World Cup matches yet as player's forms will fluctuate in the ensuing period. So heres my 15 man squad for Pakistan in no particular order:

Inzamam-ul-Haq*
Kamran Akmal+
Abdul Razzaq
Iftikhar Anjum
Mohammad Asif
Mohammad Hafeez
Mohammad Sami
Mohammad Yousuf
Naved-ul-Hasan
Shahid Afridi
Shoaib Akhtar
Shoaib Malik
Umar Gul
Yasir Hameed
Younis Khan

With seven pace bowlers, hopefully fitness won't be a problem.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SL - my selection 15

Sanath Jayasuriya
Upul Tharanga
Kumar Sangakkara
Mahela Jayawardene
Marvan Atapattu
Chamara Silva
Thilakaratne Dilshan
Farveez Maharoof
Chaminda Vaas
Lasith Malinga
Muttiah Muralitharan

Malinga Bandara /or Upul Chandana
Dilhara Fernando
Chamara Kapugedera/ or Russell Arnold
Nuwan Zoysa

Between Chandana and Malinga Bandara - the decision is very close and who ever does better on the Indian tour.
I would pick Kapugedera over Arnold though.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. Graham Smith (6)
2. Boeta Dippenaar
3. Jacques Kallis (5)
4. Herschelle Gibbs
5. Abraham De Villiers
6. Justin Kemp (7)
7. Mark Boucher (wk)
8. Shaun Pollock (1)
9. Johannes Van Der Wath (4)
10. Andre Nel (3)
11. Makhaya Ntini (2)

12. Andrew Hall
13. Jacques Rudolph
14. Ashwell Prince
15. Charl Langeveldt

No spinner, because I haven't seen one worth picking yet.
You cannot go into a World Cup - in the West Indies, no less - with Graeme Smith as your only spin option. Paul Harris surely. And please don't say that Rudolph can do the spinning job.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kyle Mills is miles better than Mason and in my opinion comfortably better than Franklin too.
Indeed. James Franklin is a rubbish OD bowler who New Zealand hope will do well, but only does well once very 6-8 matches. He averages 10 more than Mills and 3 more than Mason. His economy rate is a stunning 5.12. There is no way that he is a better OD bowler than Kyle Mills.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I predict the NZ World Cup 15 will be

1)Stephen Fleming
2)Lou Vincent
3)Ross Taylor
4)Craig McMillan
5)Scott Styris
6)Jacob Oram
7)Brendon McCullum
8)Daniel Vettori
9)Kyle Mills
10)James Franklin
11)Shane Bond

12)Jeetan Patel
13)Peter Fulton
14)Hamish Marshall
15)Mark Gillespie

I predict the India WC 15 will be

1)Sourav Ganguly
2)Robin Uthappa
3)Rahul Dravid
4)Sachin Tendulkar
5)Yuvraj Singh
6)MS Dhoni
7)Irfan Pathan
8)Harbhajan Singh
9)Agit Agarkar
10)Anil Kumble
11)Zaheer Khan

12)Sreesanth
13)Suresh Raina
14)Dinesh Karthik
14)Munaf Patel
15)Virender Sehwag

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You cannot go into a World Cup - in the West Indies, no less - with Graeme Smith as your only spin option. Paul Harris surely. And please don't say that Rudolph can do the spinning job.
I'm confident that all the bowlers I named would do a better job that Robin Petersen regardless of the pace of the pitch - unless it was a raging turner. Harris is an option but I'd only seen him play one game when I named that side and I really wasn't impressed. He's looked a bit better since but I'm still not sure I'd take him just for the sake of having a spinner.

Oh, and Rudolph can do the spinning job.. :p