• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

INDIA vs England !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
According to BBC Ceefax, Waqar has said basically what we've all said already - that D/N one-day games are too much of a lottery and that "it's not to late to move the WC Semi Final".

Ali Bacher has responded with the typical ICC burying of the heads in the sand, "It's cricket, and conditions change like that in day matches too." Not sure the last time changes like these happened in day games, but hey, the ICC doesn't live in this universe, does it?

The last two D/N games in the Group Stage are Sri Lanka v West Indies at Cape Town and Sri Lanka v South Africa at Durban. I wonder if Mr Bacher takes the same tone if SA crash out once Vaas, Nissanka, Fernando or Gunaratne have taken 5-fer?

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
According to BBC Ceefax, Waqar has said basically what we've all said already - that D/N one-day games are too much of a lottery and that "it's not to late to move the WC Semi Final".

Ali Bacher has responded with the typical ICC burying of the heads in the sand, "It's cricket, and conditions change like that in day matches too." Not sure the last time changes like these happened in day games, but hey, the ICC doesn't live in this universe, does it?

The last two D/N games in the Group Stage are Sri Lanka v West Indies at Cape Town and Sri Lanka v South Africa at Durban. I wonder if Mr Bacher takes the same tone if SA crash out once Vaas, Nissanka, Fernando or Gunaratne have taken 5-fer?
I was expecting this from Waqar. That fallout may have propmpted it, but still its the obvious thing. Changes like these are localised, they aren't exactly changes eitehr, since its expected that the ball will swing in the evening. Say for perhaps in Lahore where the swing is slightly different then in the day. Not like a two footer difference though. Day and Night Matches will be a farce in the World Cup. If Pakistan or Australia or South Africa get a bowl under the lights there is no wondering what will happen.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:

Last time conditions changed like this in the day time in the UK was oh, let me think, 11 August 1999.

That was the last time the sun 'went down' during the day (total eclipse)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Legglancer said:
Hmmm .... What did they say about "those who live in glass houses" ..... ???? :rolleyes:
Someone is allways watching you? (to coin another phrase from a Radiohead song :) )

Choora

State Regular
Rik said:
No the reason you face the wrath of us is because usually you speak crap...
This from a fellow whose maturity is just about a 5 year old kid , who likes to attack others yet like to play the victim role .

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cool it, guys. There's no need for this.

Wait a sec, let me re-phrase: STOP IT.

Choora, Rik and Muzza; try to play nice, eh? I'd hate to close this thread down as a minimum..............

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Choora said:
This from a fellow whose maturity is just about a 5 year old kid , who likes to attack others yet like to play the victim role .
So you prove your maturity by replying with a stupid, mindless insult? 2 wrongs don't make a right. You don't NEED to have the last word ok? Here, I'll leave you the chance to show everyone your new found maturity, if you reply to this having a pop at me then it will tell us that you haven't changed a bit, but if you don't reply then you get prize B...

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Well give him a chance to reply. But other than that, the match is over, England lost, so there's not much point in this thread still being open anyway...

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah close this stupid topic. Its all been said, its all been done. I dont really care anymore about this rivalry, not that I ever have. I respect England and the English fans, I love Team India, and also respect decent supporters.

Lets respect each other's team for the entertainment they bring to average people like us, and in the spirit they play the game in.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, final word for the thread:

Well done India, bad luck England, could someone please sort these floodlit games out, and happy 5th birthday Choora ;)

THREAD CLOSED (someone close it will you?)

Status
Not open for further replies.