• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Latif involved in Racial Charge

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
full_length said:
Oops! I bet people will believe any story nowadays though!!

Most of these threats end up as just threats with no action taken.
But if Rashid said that in the heat of the moment it probably shows how irritated he's with Gilchrist. Maybe the two of them never really got down to talking and finding out who said what...

As a spectator, this probably shows that the Aussies are feeling hard done by the Lehmann incident, and are saying that they dont have a monopoly on racism..they're even hearing things.
You are right. The suing may never go ahead. But I cant digest the idea that gilly made that up. He doesn't look like the character to do that, neither does Rashid an aggressor like that. Strange event indeed.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The stump microphone did pick him up saying "White......" something. So SOMETHING was heard but not all of it was picked up.

Besides, Gilly said something to the umpire straight away so it's highly unlikely that he's making this up. Now, if he'd said something after the game, that would be more suspicious.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
In that case I think Rashid's and Gilli's treatment of the whole affair is immature and ridiculous. I just saw a Gilli quoted as saying that he 'thought' the Pakistani had made a racist remark. It doesnt look like either of them made any attempt to find out who said exactly what but simply flew at each others throat.
I think this supports what I said earlier reg. the influence of the Lehmann incident on the Aussies.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Top_Cat said:
The stump microphone did pick him up saying "White......" something. So SOMETHING was heard but not all of it was picked up.

Besides, Gilly said something to the umpire straight away so it's highly unlikely that he's making this up. Now, if he'd said something after the game, that would be more suspicious.
(Hypothetically) Maybe he said "White ball..." after the ball swung more than he expected it to?

Bomber Spirit

Cricket Spectator
Salim Malik made a fortune from the bookies for match-fixing; and now Ra$hid LaSpiv is embarking on another get-rich-quick scheme.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bomber Spirit said:
Salim Malik made a fortune from the bookies for match-fixing; and now Ra$hid LaSpiv is embarking on another get-rich-quick scheme.
Two things....

1. Why bring up old, dead issues?
2. There will be no further action taken.