• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Friends for WCC

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok guys if anyone has any friends who are interested in getting into WCC then get them to signup ASAP...

It looks as though we will be going ahead with our plan of letting people on the waiting list control Academy teams, and if they want to get in they will need to hurry...

Basic Outline of how its proposed to work...

Instead of Being known as Academy A etc, teams will now be known as emerging nations (Ireland, USA, Canada etc) The teams will be the same as they are now but we are considering having a mini draft for these managers so they get a bit of insight as to how the draft works....

As for the Running of the Series, All will remain the same(Jason-Argonaut) will still be controlling it(If he still wishes to) and the sides will still have your rookies in them... There will be a forced quota of games for players so that the managers MUST play all players for a minimum amount of games..

Any other ideas or questions on this please leave them here...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Certainly will be mate, all people on the waiting list will get 1st priority and if you wish you may continue on with your Asst Manager duties....

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I'd still like to run and the above sounds really good. I was also thinking of having another look at the stats of some of our ordinary players to see if they have improved in real life and adjust accordingly if they are better.

nibbs

International Captain
hmmm...

Sounds Interesting but the Idea of academy teams being named after emerging nations doesn't make sense to me.

a suggestion could be to develop these academy sides, perhaps into emerging clubs, that could perhaps be future prospects for WCC to form a sixth division...

deckard

U19 Captain
Sounds like a good idea of getting ppl involved. I think emerging clubs sounds more realistic as instead of sending players to the academy you send them to lower competitions. But i think emerging nations just sounds better even though it suggests that these players have some allegence to these countries. But as far as i know WCC isnt entirely accurate so i have no problem with calling them emerging nations.

I also dont think these teams would be future WCC teams since they are composed of draft players and the rookies from existing WCC teams so if they were to become teams they would be taking your own players.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
We had 10 academy teams last season. It may be hard to find 10 managers to take them on. I could certainly manage the teams not taken. It is essentially what I did for 10 teams last season.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
ok
I was also thinking of having another look at the stats of some of our ordinary players to see if they have improved in real life and adjust accordingly if they are better.
Yeah this is a fair idea, i know a few players who have improved their averages since day 1...

Sounds Interesting but the Idea of academy teams being named after emerging nations doesn't make sense to me.

a suggestion could be to develop these academy sides, perhaps into emerging clubs, that could perhaps be future prospects for WCC to form a sixth division...
If there is ever going to be a 6th division it will come from new teams, as Deckard said the Academy is there for the purpose of the draft .....

Sounds like a good idea of getting ppl involved. I think emerging clubs sounds more realistic as instead of sending players to the academy you send them to lower competitions. But i think emerging nations just sounds better even though it suggests that these players have some allegence to these countries. But as far as i know WCC isnt entirely accurate so i have no problem with calling them emerging nations.
The reason i went with the emerging nation idea as it was suggested to me and i thought it was an idea which could make it a little more interesting rather then having them called just Academy A etc... Further suggestions on this matter will be looked at...

We had 10 academy teams last season. It may be hard to find 10 managers to take them on. I could certainly manage the teams not taken. It is essentially what I did for 10 teams last season.
Yeah Jason i didn't think it would be to much of a problem, There are currently 12 people on the waiting list, but im not sure if they would all still be keen as some have been there for a while.. ill be emailing them soon to get numbers etc....

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
So the rookies assigned for players still remain random or could it be like the NFL or NBA were the rookies are chosen..

I reckon Money should be given for teams winning games.. or something where money is involved.. just by winning games and winning big matches in CA CUP and money is still got for losing but not as much as winning..
that way you can put a price on the rookies and if a certain team has got enough money at the end of the season to draft that rookie he can purchase him with the accumulated cash..
But still a way has to be found to allow lower div teams to be able to get the new rookies for development ..
Although 1 thing has to be remembered... just because a team is developing and is new we cant be too Lenient/feel sorry for them..as other team managers have started of with poor teams and just have to keep improving throughout seasons to finally add strength to the team, main example Hampshire..
so we cant just get new teams everything either..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
lord_of_darkness said:
So the rookies assigned for players still remain random or could it be like the NFL or NBA were the rookies are chosen..
That's not changing - it's just that managers on the waiting list are controlling the Academy teams rather than Jason doing the lot of them. I assume they will be allocated via a draft but it won't affect the meat of the game.

Re: names of teams. I suggest club teams as it's a Level below County standard and they won't (likely) ever be added to the main WCC structure.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok as for the team names, there are a few options...

We could have:-

1/ Minnow Nations (USA, Scotland etc)
2/ Counties/states/provinces not in the game(Durham, Natal etc)
3/ Minor Counties and Regions(NT, Major Club Grade sides etc)

Give your views...
This is not a major part but i would like to see what people think...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Definitely 3.

1 just seems wrong as nations have been kept out of WCC for a reason and random people playing for Canada and UAE etc seems a bit of an insult to them

2 wouldn't make expansion as easy as it ought to be in future.

Rich2001

International Captain
Blewy said:
Ok as for the team names, there are a few options...

We could have:-

1/ Minnow Nations (USA, Scotland etc)
2/ Counties/states/provinces not in the game(Durham, Natal etc)
3/ Minor Counties and Regions(NT, Major Club Grade sides etc)

Give your views...
This is not a major part but i would like to see what people think...
2 Would be wrong in my opinion... just seems impossible to add new teams ever if all teams are used.

Alot of confusion coukld be made with people thinking that they are already part of the game etc.

I would probley go with number 3 or make our own names up.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I was thinking that it could be club sides from emerging nations like:

Canada - Ontario
Kenya - Nairobi Gymkhana
Ireland - Munster
Scotland - Aberdeenshire
Singapore - Singapore CC
Netherlands - Excelsior
Oman - Oman
USA - New York
Namibia - just Namibia
Bangladesh - Dhaka

These are all existing club sides within these countries (except Namibia).

Last edited: