• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Idea?

Rich2001

International Captain
Just having a chat with a manager and he was saying how he doesn't really care if his relegated as long as his four day side is going well and it got me thinking that iam getting this across quite a few managers, who pick a form and that's it goes after this and doesn't really care about the other form (I admit I do this myself).

Now what I was thinking was to get managers to enjoy WCC more was maybe split up WCC in a fashion. Now this only came into my head about 2 mins ago so haven't worked it all out but what I was thinking was allowing managers to release control of half of their team so for example SA could allow a manager on the waitting list to come in and take complete control over the OD squad, while Blewy does his perfered choice of FD (an example could be the other way around) - Now obviously this causes problems espically with trades, the only way I could see round it is you sign a player just for one form (which would be a bit odd I admit)

It would mean we could employ more managers without having to expand teams and size of WCC etc. Plus a few other advanatges.

Rich2001

International Captain
nibblet said:
boooooooooooooooo
A great reply

If you read not everyone is forced to give up their side, it's just choice so you could get everyone do it or just 2 managers.

No one is forcing you to release half your side, just for all those (inculding yourself) that say you don't care much about one form, and your about the 3/4th manager that wants to get relegated in that form.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Rich2001 said:
You're about the 3/4th manager that wants to get relegated in that form.
Add me to the list - except I can't get any more relegated :D

Can't see any problems logistically.

Still... do we have enough interest to warrant this?

If so, who wants the Free State 4D muppets?

Last edited:

Rich2001

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Add me to the list - except I can't get any more relegated :D

Can't see any problems logistically.

Still... do we have enough interest to warrant this?

If so, who wants the Free State 4D muppets?
Indeed Neil, I know for a fact that the One Day and Four Day databases are seprate, so it's easy to have them different.

I was orignally going to say Joint managers - However I just kenw come transfer time it would be a nightmear with one manager wantting XXXX adnd the other manager not agreeing etc, so that's the reason why I went for a full split.

LOL at the rest :lol:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
It looks ok, but the major problem is the draft period...
Rich says"Now obviously this causes problems espically with trades, the only way I could see round it is you sign a player just for one form (which would be a bit odd I admit)".. Now the only problem with this suggestion is that say for example Lehmann could be playing 4d for SA but because the 1d manager doesn't want him he could be playing 1d for Mumbai... Now personally i don't agree with this idea...
I know i am 1 of the people saying im not really concerned about 1d but once i get my 4d team setup over the next season or 2 then i will start to concentrate on getting them both up to stardom....

nibbs

International Captain
Something that can perhaps be taken from this is the fact the four day game is how more popular than the one day games.

A suggestion could be to look at a way of making the one day season shorter, while making the four day season longer. Hence, more four day games and less one day games. I know that I look foward to four day games a lot more than one day games...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
nibblet said:
Something that can perhaps be taken from this is the fact the four day game is how more popular than the one day games.

A suggestion could be to look at a way of making the one day season shorter, while making the four day season longer. Hence, more four day games and less one day games. I know that I look foward to four day games a lot more than one day games...
thats only cause your winning in four day, if it were the other way around you would be into 1 day..

nibbs

International Captain
that may be true, but on a whole I think most managers look foward to four day games a lot more than one day, and generally prepare their squads accordingly.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Can't say I agree with you there Nibblet. I look forward to all matches and try to keep a balanced squad. I'm sure that many other managers do likewise.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i like the opportunity of trying to jugle both 1 day and 4day

its good. i have 4 day in div 1 and am fighting to stay in div 1 and one day i am in the position to have the side promoted. its all part of the enjoyment.

i wouldnt want anyone wrecking my sides.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
bugssy said:
i like the opportunity of trying to jugle both 1 day and 4day

its good. i have 4 day in div 1 and am fighting to stay in div 1 and one day i am in the position to have the side promoted. its all part of the enjoyment.

i wouldnt want anyone wrecking my sides.
It would be optional anyway.