• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division 3 Analysis

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Division 3 Analysis

i personally think that div 3 will be the most interesting division with mostly new teams

FC - Liecs Colts and Karna will prob battle it out for promotion each boasting strong lineups and have done well out of trades and the draft

Western Provincs and Liecs will also do well, both being strong sides but i would suggest they have not faired so well in the draft (not thta liecs have picked yet) and trading

Auckland, Tassie and Somerset all started with weaker teams and i would say that they are not yet stong enough to takle the big guns in this division (sorry)

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
That is a bit rough to discount Tassie that quickly.

They have strong team:

J.Cox
D.Hills
S.Anwar
M.DiVenuto
J. Rudolph
S.Clingeleffer
J.Angel
P.McIntyre
J.Gillespie
M.Muralitharan
F.Akram
W.Singh

That aint a bad squad.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yea After Tassie got the first pick rights , they wouldnt be messed with , they have some good players in their squad

Althought they could haave done better in the dps :P

Cloete

International Captain
:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!
HOW DARE U DISCARD SOMERSET SO HASTILY!!! watch while they take div 3 out. beating the teams reffered to as "stronger." :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:
:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!:(!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Oh please everbody knows that if there was such thing as a div 4 in the season after you would be tipped a lot of money to make it :lol: :lol: :lol: it that little :pig:

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
I'm happy to assume underdog position. hehehe it's time to tell u all i know that i'm **** but hey!!!!
Care Factor 0
i have allan donald

Graham

3rd Umpire
I've almost finished my Division 3 analysis and it might surprise many of you that I consider Leicestershire to be real promotion candidates in the FC competition (although they'll probably be woeful in the OD competition). Further details to come.

Graham

3rd Umpire
Western Province are likely to slug it out with Leicestershire for top spot (FC) with Somerset, Karnataka, Colts and Tassie all putting the pressure on. Canterbury will be off the pace. I haven't assessed Auckland yet.

Graham

3rd Umpire
I've now finished my analysis of Division 3 sides and here are my predictions.

FC
Leicestershire and Western Province vying for the title, but could be pipped by Somerset, Karnataka or Colts.
Tassie will be competitive, but probably not quite good enough to have realistic promotion chances.
Forget the NZ sides - Auckland and Canterbury will fight it out for the wooden spoon.

OD
Two distinct groupings here.
Karnataka, Tassie, Canterbury and Colts will be in a close tussle for top spot.
Somerset, Western Province and Auckland should avoid bottom spot at the expense of Leicestershire.

deckard

U19 Captain
Graham i dont want to bag u or anything but i think your predictions for Canterbury is a way off. If anything we will do well in the fc and struggle in the od if u had a good look at my side you would see this......

Graham

3rd Umpire
Cricket is a very unpredictable game. I'm bound to be out with a number of my predictions as I think any of us would be. Time will tell.:cool2:

aditya

U19 Vice-Captain
Here is the likely Karnataka 11.

Name Bat avg bowl sr
M Attapatu 47
SI Fernando 38 57
AV Kale 53
B Rowland 45
H Badani 44
V Bahradwaj 44 71
T Naidu 35
A Kumble 25 58
MA Khan 12 50
S Muller 11 47
G Richards 9.79 46
J Srinath in the wings.

I think it is one of the most balanced team in the 3rd div.There could be some more changes when the transfer window opens.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
as for the colts - our OD side is crap at the moment

in FC i see Colts and Karna being the top 2 sides as they both have good batting and good bowling- WP have good batting, but thier bowling is not so great, as for tassie - they will also have a good showing i think - they are the underdogs cause they did niot do so great last year but have got some good players now