• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"The Drinks Break" First Edition

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well here it is people, hot off the press...

The First EVER edition of WCC's First Official Newspaper...

Have a read and enjoy...

I will apologise to all who dont have access to Microsoft Word, unfortunatley the paper is created in Word and if i transfer it to any other format it will not be formatted correctly..

A big thanx to all the guys who have put their pieces into this issue.. If you want to become a writer for "The Drinks Break" then email the editor..

Last edited:

nibbs

International Captain
trivia...

EDIT:

** DO NOT POST TRIVIA ANSWERS ON THE FORUM **

If you want to answer them email them like the Newspaper says...

EDIT: ohh ffs

Last edited:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
that is sensational welld one to all the writers and editor.............great read...

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Great stuff to all the guys who put in all that effort. Hopefully it can continue to be as good as this edition.

cometer

State Regular
a very interesting read. Congrats to those who were involved in the creation of the newpaper. Look forward to the next issue.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great stuff guys.
Am really sorry I didn't get a chance to contribute to this one, have been a bit busy over the last week and was planning to do it today.
How often will this be put up?

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
Great stuff guys.
Am really sorry I didn't get a chance to contribute to this one, have been a bit busy over the last week and was planning to do it today.
How often will this be put up?

every fortnight i believe!!

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Great job done by all the WCC and the free lance writers that contributed....can't wait for the next one...

Slats4ever

Bugs... How can you say that Australia won the world cup final so comfortably... You said that they were "already in celebration mode" very early in the piece and that the runs were polished off...

I mean please they got there on the last ball of their innings...

Hardly as dominant as it was made out.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
We were paid by the BCCI to string it out... They didnt want us cleaning the runs up in 20 overs... :p :p :p

Slats4ever

tbh i think there was a lack of emphasis placed on the efforts of the south africans throughout the tournament... I mean most people were writing them off as only a super 6 spot if they're lucky before the season.. and they came out and nearly won it...

PS I love the pictures of the Aussies goffy

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Well then what about the Pakistan Team.. we wern't even rated to make the 2nd round yet we almost beat the aussies in the Semi Final and very nearly made the Final.