• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb Bar Cup Round 1 Results and Discussion

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Mr. P said:
lol it's a pity my team can't bat like that in official matches...

but definately NOT a pity that they don't usually bowl that bad...

meh, at least we won and Godwin and Beasley made tons...
Good match all round I thought. Couple of my guys got 40's and really should've gone on...but still, good nonetheless...

My bowlers need a bit of a kick though...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
my word... edinbrugh beats western australia. that means if i hadnt switched to mashonaland, i could have beaten a division 3 side... wow...

cometer

State Regular
Pretty satisfied with the win over Limerick although at least Limerick gave me something to chase. I don't know whether to laugh or not but the only one of my batsmen who failed just happens to be my best one day batsman i.e Underwood but the rest made 50's and to clean up the game losing only 2 wickets and still have 16 overs left leaves some encouraging signs. Looking forward to round 2.

Edit. Just noticed that half the one day division 3 teams are out of the competition in round 1 :-O

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Well done to my old side Ottawa, great victory aganist Mumbai, i would love to meet them next round. It good to see some of the Academy win aganist the big boys, hopefully they keep it up. I noticed Kent, were seeded 4th, so does that mean i miss next round too, or do we play.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Pretty happy with the win. IT was good to see the bowlers hold on when they were pushed towards the end when it started getting a little bit tight. A great not out hundred to Birch set up the win. Bring on the real opponents.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slats4ever said:
Pretty happy with the win. IT was good to see the bowlers hold on when they were pushed towards the end when it started getting a little bit tight. A great not out hundred to Birch set up the win. Bring on the real opponents.
It's good to see your attention is focused on your next CW Bar cup game and not this weekend.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Pleased to win that match. Zaman and De Bruyn finally made some runs and playing the extra bowler worked. I'm pretty sure we would have been able to limit them without the extra help but who knows? Anyway, would have preferred more runs and bowling them out but a win's a win.

thierry henry

International Coach
You dominated in the end. I highly doubt your boys would have been overly confident after crawling to 210 in the 60 overs.