• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Opening Batsmen

nibbs

International Captain
how do you guys chose? Sathish will be one opener for me next season, but it's hard to see any of my other awesome bats joining him there. I'd rather bring them all in from 3 onwards. I could open with Boucher but that just doesn't seem right. Becoming a real pain, cause I don't see any of these batsmen as openers

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In the four day games the sim tends to like the middle order so I just stock the middle order with my 50+ bats, and choose my top 3 from the others.

In one dayers it is a bit different, you have to get your good batsman in early, as a middle/late order collapse could happen pretty much every game, no matter the conditions or opposition.

I have more trouble with the bowling orders, especially when the sim doesn't bowl your bowlers at all!

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I always put a rookie at the top, Its the best way to tell if they can hack it or not...