• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Test XI - one player from each team

Jack1

International Debutant
Not sure if this has been done, vaguely remember something similar. If it's been done then link me. 12 teams to choose from.

All surfaces

1. Dimuth Karunaratne
2. Azhar Ali
3. Kane Williamson
4. Asghar Afghan (c)
5. Joe Root
6. Shakib Al Hasan
7. Quinton De Kock (wk)
8. Jason Holder
9. Ravichandran Ashwin
10. Pat Cummins
11. Blessing Muzarabani

Last edited:

Aritro

International Regular
Given there's no qualifiers about where the match would be played, I'd pick Rashid Khan, Shakib and then three gun quicks rather than Holder despite his considerable talent and value. Three high quality quicks should do the job for you on most decks, and it'd be good to have two spinners operating on a day 5 on a wearing SENWA track - or bowling from the 15th over onwards on an SC turner.

Openers

1.Markram
2.Karunaratne

Middle Order

3. Williamson
4. Root
5. S.Williams
6. Shakib
7. Rizwan

Tail/Bowlers

8. R. Khan
9. Cummins
10. Roach
11. Bumrah

Any weaknesses in the batting will be compensated by the 85-90 runs you'd get out of the tail.

Jack1

International Debutant
Given there's no qualifiers about where the match would be played, I'd pick Rashid Khan, Shakib and then three gun quicks rather than Holder despite his considerable talent and value. Three high quality quicks should do the job for you on most decks, and it'd be good to have two spinners operating on a day 5 on a wearing SENWA track - or bowling from the 15th over onwards on an SC turner.

Openers

1.Markram
2.Karunaratne

Middle Order

3. Williamson
4. Root
5. S.Williams
6. Shakib
7. Rizwan

Tail/Bowlers

8. R. Khan
9. Cummins
10. Roach
11. Bumrah

Any weaknesses in the batting will be compensated by the 85-90 runs you'd get out of the tail.
Suppose it makes the most sense to make the team play all surfaces, gets too complicated otherwise. I'm not certain about my team - there's so many options.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Karunaratne
Taylor
Williamson
Smith
Root
Shakib
Rizwan
Holder
Rashid khan
Rabada
Bumrah

Not sure if cheating by opening with Taylor but the general allowance on batman's moving positions on these type of threads is moving up or down 1 spot

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Karunaratne
Rohit
Williamson
Smith
Root
Mushfiqur
Holder
Rashid khan
Rabada
Shaheen Afridi/Hasan Ali
Blessing Muzarabani

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Karunaratne
R Sharma
Williamson
Smith
Root
Shakib
Holder
Chakabva
R Khan
Rabada
Afridi

Jack1

International Debutant
Tweaked this. I suspect you all have Williamson as captain. I am slightly concerned about Rashid Khan on all surfaces as he's unproven, he is an option though - I rate him very highly.