• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cup Rules

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What if there is a tie in the Super Over? Another Super Over?

Howe_zat

Audio File
What if there is a tie in the Super Over? Another Super Over?
This isn't actually answered anywhere officially because at the time of writing there is no published playing conditions for the world cup, and the ODI playing conditions don't include a super over. However the Under-19 world cup and the world up qualifier have both used these rules:

In the event of the scores being level in the Super Over, the first satisfied of the following criteria will determine the winner:

- If the regular match utilised the Duckworth–Lewis method, criterion 4 immediately applies.

- The team with the most number of boundaries combined from the main match and the Super Over is the winner.

- The team with the most number of boundaries from the main match (that is, not including the Super Over) is the winner.

- A count-back from the final ball of the Super Over shall be conducted. The team with the higher scoring delivery is the winner. Runs scored from illegal deliveries count towards the total for the following legal delivery.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The wording is so complicated. I need a coffee to parse that.

Borges

International Regular
World Cup 2019 playing conditions: https://pulse-static-files.s3.amazo...f6956bad98c6/ICC-CWC19-Playing-Conditions.pdf

The super over rules are given in appendix H. Essentially the same as what Howe_zat posted, with the following clarification added for the count-back:
"If a team loses twowickets during its over, then any unbowled deliveries will be counted as dot balls. Note that for this purpose, the runs scored from a delivery is defined as the totalteam runs scored since the completion of the previous legitimate ball, i.e includingany runs resulting from wides, no ball or penalty runs."

Last edited:

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
So in the extremely unlikely scenario of all the future matches getting washed out (pls don't bitch me for visualizing this), NZ,Eng, Ind and Aus go to the semis.

NZ and Ind meet in the finals if semis are washed out.

Trophy shared between NZ and Ind if finals are washed out.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So in the extremely unlikely scenario of all the future matches getting washed out (pls don't bitch me for visualizing this), NZ,Eng, Ind and Aus go to the semis.

NZ and Ind meet in the finals if semis are washed out.

Trophy shared between NZ and Ind if finals are washed out.
TBH that would be a decent set of semi finals.