• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which country's All Time XI is the strongest?

Which All Time Xi is the best?

• Total voters

CricketFan90s

U19 Captain
In the other thread, you said you always prefer to have a spinner in your team. Now you don't want one here?
I generally prefer one spinner but in the case of West Indies as a pack they were too good. The only problem was during 80s West Indies numerous times fell short of reaching 90 overs per day but now as the ICC rules became strict it’s tough only to have 4 pace bowlers we need a spinner. In this team we have Sobers and Gayle who can be used if the over rate is becoming slow. So went for the big 4 “Marshall,Ambrose,Garner,Holding”. 2 times in 1984 and 1986 West Indies won series against England 5-0 and 5-0 not using a single Spinner. They also provide a lot of variety Marshall skids the ball, Holding generates speed in the air, Garner awkward bounce and Yorker,Ambrose bounce with Length. Garner was too good in English Conditions and Ambrose was too good in Australia. So with these 4 in team they will be Lethal in all conditions.

CricketFan90s

U19 Captain
“He was a superb fast-medium bowler who often, as Sir Donald Bradman once remarked, "was too busy scoring runs to worry about bowling." When he was roused - as he once was by Essex bowling bouncers at the Gloucestershire batsmen - his pace could be devastating. "I never saw a man bowl faster for Gloucestershire than Wally did that day," said Tom Goddard, "and he not only battered them, he bowled them out as well."
Yes Wally Hammond was a good 5th bowler he is someone who falls between Kallis and Steve Waugh

Archer6K

U19 12th Man
West Indies
1) GC Greenidge
2) GA Headley
3) IVA Richards
4) BC Lara
5) FMM Worrell
6) GSA Sobers
7) PJ Dujon (WK)
8) MD Marshall
9) MA Holding
10) J Garner
11) CEL Ambrose

CricketFan90s

U19 Captain
West Indies
1) GC Greenidge
2) GA Headley
3) IVA Richards
4) BC Lara
5) FMM Worrell
6) GSA Sobers
7) PJ Dujon (WK)
8) MD Marshall
9) MA Holding
10) J Garner
11) CEL Ambrose
Headley never opened the innings but this looks a very good team. I will stick to my XI as I want Clive Lloyd in the Team.

CricketFan90s

U19 Captain
My All time Pakistan ?? XI which is very Dangerous (It can defeat any team) 1) Saeed Anwar 2) Hanif Mohammad 3) Younis Khan 4) Javed Miandad 5) Inzamam ul Haq 6) Imran Khan* 7) Sarfaraz Ahmed+ 8) Wasim Akram 9) Abdul Qadir 10) Waqar Younis 11) Mohammad Asif (As Imran Khan is there as Captain the Team will be more disciplined with no Match fixing’s and politics)

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
My All time Pakistan ?? XI which is very Dangerous (It can defeat any team) 1) Saeed Anwar 2) Hanif Mohammad 3) Younis Khan 4) Javed Miandad 5) Inzamam ul Haq 6) Imran Khan* 7) Sarfaraz Ahmed+ 8) Wasim Akram 9) Abdul Qadir 10) Waqar Younis 11) Mohammad Asif (As Imran Khan is there as Captain the Team will be more disciplined with no Match fixing’s and politics)
Yeah Imran will keep the politics out of it.