• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which aspects of test cricket have regressed in the current era?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is a disingenuous rebuttal. You think this comment (and 95% of your posts these days) makes you look funny and like you have no time for nonsense, but it just makes you look like a massive dickhead.

I don't agree with Molehill either but come on, no one died and made you the post quality police. Start with your own and stop patronising someone trying to engage with you in good faith.
Nah it really wasn't. Wasn't even replying to Molehill there and calling that 'good faith' is a very charitable interpretation. And lol at Mr Sanctimony calling me the quality police. Your Gandhi shtick is thoroughly annoying.

The vast majority of your posts are questioning the integrity and motives of other people and ****ting on anything you disagree with as dumb nerd logic. Can't wrap my head around the audacity of this coming from you. Gtfo

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Nah it really wasn't. Wasn't even replying to Molehill there and calling that 'good faith' is a very charitable interpretation. And lol at Mr Sanctimony calling me the quality police. Your Gandhi shtick is thoroughly annoying.

The vast majority of your posts are questioning the integrity and motives of other people and ****ting on anything you disagree with as dumb nerd logic. Can't wrap my head around the audacity of this coming from you. Gtfo
Yeah I do rush nukes in Civ.

So, you can either take on board the nudge from someone who genuinely wants to help you or you can continue to ignore it. If you keep posting like you do now I'll be surprised if you enjoy the forum as much in 12 months.

Up to you.

subshakerz

International Coach
More even numbers of test played between countries
The lack of long test series is definitely a problem.

Pakistan hasn't played a 5 test series away since 1992.

We used to play 4 test series against England at least but even that has stopped recently.

There is now a proliferation of 2 test series everywhere.

Mind you, I don't think the current Pakistani side is worth watching for 5 tests.

Molehill

International Captain
:laugh: from the debates on C247 you have to be trolling to discredit Tendulkar for massaging his figures against Zim/Bang then in the next sentence compare him unfavorably to Kallis.
I was always a big Kallis fan, although yes I do realise he liked to bash a minnow too.

Molehill

International Captain
The Test Championship Table doesn't necessarily back that up. England have played 22 in the current cycle, Sri Lanka 10, NZ 11, Windies and Bangladesh 12. It's one reason why England will struggle to make the Final (apart from not being good enough until this last year), harder to maintain a higher percentage over a greater number of matches.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The Test Championship Table doesn't necessarily back that up. England have played 22 in the current cycle, Sri Lanka 10, NZ 11, Windies and Bangladesh 12. It's one reason why England will struggle to make the Final (apart from not being good enough until this last year), harder to maintain a higher percentage over a greater number of matches.
Yes it does. Regressed means worsened. Tests used to played more evenly before the big 3 took over (wrecked) cricket.

There has never existed a more talented cricketer (Bradman aside) than Tendulkar. The bloke was thrown into test cricket at 16 and got a 50 against 2 ATG pacers away. He was university accepted as the finest batsman since Bradman by the time he was 30. And then he had a second peak when his contemporaries had been retired for years. Nonsensical post all around.
No one more talented than Sobers.